Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I too lost a pullet to a "crow" this weekend. My only true Ameracauna that we had named Mama, is now named Papa.

Also, my RIR rooster has been doing this weird side step dance at me the past 2 mornings when I let them out. I can't tell if he's threatening me or trying to mate with me? He does the dance to the hens too. He's starting to scare me a little. Might be time to say Adios!!

2. Rehoboth Farm

Rehoboth Farm Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2012
    Western PA
    Thanks, and we're not interested in peacocks or guineas. I did see the post about the saddles, and will consider them--thanks. My chickens are only 10 weeks old, so not sure about sizing of chicken saddles, but will check it out :)

3. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone attended a "Mother Earth News" fair? There is one at Seven Springs in September.

4. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I have heard of it, but have not gone yet. I am going to try and make it this year $10.00 for all 3 days, can't beat that, you can go any day you want, and would still save $$$.

5. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Can anyone tell me more about this? What is it?

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
  7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    so my silkies and serama went in to lockdown this morning. After last hatch (2 out of 42) I really hope to get a decent hatch! I set cochin and langshan Saturday.

Today I was lucky enough to pick up the cutest little bantam partridge wyandottes from PeakyBeaky. And she gave me 4 eggs to set!! I am a hatching fool!! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    how adorable!

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Missy, Thank You for that link! Looks like fun, I hope I can get there!

Wlrabbitry, looks like the Mother Earth thing is a little Southeast of Pittsburgh - just in time for my birthday too, wonder if they planned it that way?

Mama2my, you ARE a hatching fool, girl! Love that bantam partridge wyndotte, I have some in the bator now that belong to Msladyhawke, can't wait to see their fuzzy butts! I think they're going to be teeny!!

10. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Just read all the Info....I am so going!!! Probably by myself...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by