Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I am from the Burgh, but living outside of State College now. Just wanted to say welcome to the wonderful world of chickens!

2. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Well I ordered some beautiful Blue Andalusian eggs. I was so excited to get some of this beautiful chickens from an awesome breeder. Out of 19 eggs, only 1 is developing. I am going to do my best to keep that baby alive!!!!!!!!!! I guess I am hoping for a rooster with awesome lacing!!!!!!!

3. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I just looked that up. How beautiful!!!! Wishing you good luck with that last little baby. I have to say, out of 20 something eggs, I only hatched one polish, but I am so in love with her!!!

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Ohhh, I know your pain. Last month I received 16 Beautiful BBS Marans eggs. Wrapped and packaged beautifully, Thanks to CR Farms!! The Postal Service pretty much destroyed the box. I candled right away, cracks everywhere. So, I ended up with 1 Splash Marans Roo (I think) from that batch. My $35.00 chick. You know what? I don't care if it is a roo, I'm keeping him just because he beat the odds.

5. Country Chick

Country Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Hello there! I am not too far from you, I live in Gibsonia. Welcome to BYC. I must warn you - chickens are VERY ADDICTING!!!!! LOL [​IMG]

6. Country Chick

Country Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Hello there! I am not too far from you, I live in Gibsonia. Welcome to BYC!!!! I must warn you - chickens are VERY ADDICTING!!!!!! LOL [​IMG]

7. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    That's right my $35.00 peep, I hope it makes it! Its the only egg in my ova easy!!!!!!!!

8. shelbear81

shelbear81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2012
    Northeast, PA
    Thanks Rabbit!! Yeah it sucks, I am sure I will try again soon, I feel like I am pregnant again and getting that nesting instinct only with chickens and an actual nesting thing!!! lol

Mama, I just bought a brand new LG and an LG turner from TSC... It kept the temp great, humidity sucked, but the eggs all had detached air cells when I recieved through the mail.

Thanks Blarney! Yeah my two girls (8&3) were pretty disappointed when they got up in the morning and went to check on the eggs but I told em we might try again so....

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Hey guys!

I wanted to offer up some birds. I REALLY need the space. I have a nice little flock of D'Uccles. Mille Fleur AND Golden-necked. I am willing to meet as long as it is somewhat feasible.

Please PM me if you are interested. I got started with these thanks to a good friend, but have realized they are just not for me. I have pullets, hens and several cockerels. My husband wanted these bad boys to show and to have because they "look like they're wearing chaps". Guess who gets the work load?

Willing to make a REALLY good deal to get the space that I need ASAP.

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I have seen these birds. They are really pretty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by