Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:You have chocolate silkies?! What did you cross to introduce the chocolate color?

2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    [​IMG] yes I have infiltrated the PA thread but I only live 20 minutes from the border and do more things in PA than in NY. Who's goning to host a chicken stock next year? [​IMG]

3. allboys

allboys New Egg

Nov 19, 2010
    Quote:You have chocolate silkies?! What did you cross to introduce the chocolate color?

i used a white crested chocolate polish rooster. if you want, i can email you and give you more details. thanks, mose

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania

i used a white crested chocolate polish rooster. if you want, i can email you and give you more details. thanks, mose

Thanks, I'd love to hear from you and see picttures if possible.

5. rjs55555

rjs55555 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2010
    Latrobe, PA
    Hello from SW PA. I will be raising coturnix quail in the spring. Anyone going have eggs or chicks for sale in the area?

6. stampntam

stampntam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Spring Grove, PA
    I live in south central Pa (york co) I am looking for breeders of Marans, and the blue/green egg layers. I am looking for hatching eggs and or chicks. Anyone know of anyone one close to me.
    thanks

7. Yessur Ebob

Yessur Ebob Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Am I really the only chicken person in Crawford county?! [​IMG]

8. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:I got olive eggers (cuckoo marans/Ameraucana) and BBS Ameraucana eggs from CottageGarden last March. I think she lives near Philly. This is the link to the auction I won for these eggs ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=321531

My
    Ameraucanas and Olive Eggers hatched from those eggs are now laying and I hope to offer locally some hatching eggs and/or chicks in late winter or in the spring. I do have some eggs now but most are on the small (pullet) size and I have not checked for fertility yet.

I have 3 Ameraucana pullets ~ 1 splash and 2 black and a splash Ameraucana cockerel. I also have 3 black and 1 blue olive egger pullets covered by the same splash cockerel. Since the olive eggers will be covered by the Ameraucana cockerel the resulting chicks could lay blue or green ~ probably not very olive though.

My avatar is my splash Ameraucana pullet.

I live in Dover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  9. dsc6

dsc6 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    Westmoreland County
    (southwest PA)
    Murrysville

10. gallorojo

gallorojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Southfarthing
    I live in south central Pa (york co) I am looking for breeders of Marans, and the blue/green egg layers. I am looking for hatching eggs and or chicks. Anyone know of anyone one close to me.
    thanks]

I have a trio of Dark egg layers, I bought some e-bay eggs that were either BCM or BCM/Welsummer crosses, all of the eggs I got were super dark, and I have kept 3 birds. Hopefully in spring I will have some chicks out of them, they look like pure BCM, but, only time will tell.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by