Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hamburg, Berks County!
Our marans we hatched from eastern PA's ChickenStock eggs have just started laying. Eggs were from CottageGarden and AHappyChick. We have 1 nice blue copper and 1 nice black copper hen. The third hen is a black with very little copper in her. We also kept the best looking blue copper roo from the hatch to start breeding our own flock.
The first eggs from the the first two hens are fairly dark: the BCM is probably a shade darker than the blue. Can you really tell much when we have only had 4 marans eggs total?
What I love best is that you can tell the boys from the girls EARLY! With our orps we are still guessing at 5 months!

I thought I had heard Chickenstock would be repeated at New Tripoli in May but I may be wrong.

Lehigh Valley - close to the Monroe County Line

smile.png

Hi Saylorsburg. We have 7 RIR cross hens that are spoiled rotten. Eventually I plan to get a few barred rocks and maybe a banty or two - we had banty hens when I was growing up and I have fond memories of them. Do you take your chickens along to Florida?

Last edited:
Hi,
Does anyone have Golden Salmon Marans? That's Black Breasted Red cock and stippled hen.
"wild type". I heard there was a person in Mercer County, PA with them but haven't been able to find them.
Thanks!
Happy Holidays,
Karen in Ligonier

Back
Top Bottom