Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Yep....this wind chills you to the bone here in Lower Burrell...

Chickens and quail are spending most of their time inside today...the ducks on the other hand are patrolling the grounds looking for things to pick up and spit back out.

Hi!
I have lights on the poultry 24/7. The Salmon Marans just started laying on Christmas.
Where's my global warming? Bring it on!
Karen

Last edited:
Looking for people raising Coturnix Quail in PA. I am in Westmoreland County. I want eggs and would rather pick up or ship a very short distance for better results.

Hello fellow PAers! It's great to see the PA thread still going strong. No global warming here. If I had to guess, I think I live in Antarctica.

Jefferson County PA here!!!

woot.gif

Central PA! Looking for someone who was on here several years ago - ran a chicken rescue in the Poconos and adopted out a bunny to us. If anyone knows of this rescue, please let me know! Would like to give her an update!

Nice to hear from all you nice PA chicken folks! My girls loudly protested the cold windy weather today, bawking louder than usual every time they saw me. They were so uncomfortable, they didn't even want to leave their run to free-range today. REALLY looking forward to spring - plans are underway for MORE CHICKENS!

BTW - I found a great avian vet in Central PA who treats chickens. His name is Dr. John Hall at the Smoketown Animal Hospital. He was great treating my hen's bumblefoot and even called us at home twice to see how she was doing. Just wanted to pass this along.
http://www.vcahospitals.com/smoketown/our-team/veterinarians.html

Anybody here from Holtwood, PA. I saw a "Bantams For Sale" sign on route 272, just below 372. Just curious what is the variety of bantams.
I would have stopped but I had a client in my car with me.

Back
Top Bottom