Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Ok. did you see the eggs I'm getting? I'm not sure who they came from.

2. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Sooo. How are you making out today with the situation?

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    [​IMG]

4. Goober1201

Goober1201 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    YAY... look at that! TIME FOR SOME EGGS AND BACON!!!

5. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I'm only getting one a day. So i'm wondering who it is. Ray says it is not from the older girl I got from him. So that leaves the SLW, GLW, and the golden comets/red stars whatever they are. And if it is one of the comets than there are 8 of them all the same age.

6. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    I'm doing much better. Still have 2 girls to catch. The old owner is coming out today to take a look at them. Said that all the people on that thread are crazy cause they are not gonna kill my flock. He said that ye some of his birds are sick to, but its only the ones that are in the sell pasture cause they are always being chased and caught and sold. So they are all stressed out. I did read up and it said that it can happen more than what we think. But the smell.. I'm not to sure of. They are all eating playing and drinking fine. I'm not giving up on them if they are not gonna give up on me. And if all is OK and dandy, I WILL be getting new babies next spring.. I need more color in our basket! Payton said since they are gonna lay eggs that are already colored in (lol) she does not need to make a mess with her sister dying eggs at Easter..hahhahaha I love my kids.

[​IMG]

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Have you cleaned the coop yet? That needs to be done asap. Are the two to be caught yet old ones or new ones?

8. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    yes I have cleaned it, I raked up as much dirt as I could in the run area. And cleaned all of the coop. I sprayed it down with bleach and then had the ex wipe it down cause I cant work with bleach. Then sprayed it down again, then sprayed all the perches down, washed the feeders and waters. And the 2 that are running are the 2 young girls. At least my older girls stay away from them. I will try to catch them again soon. I'm taking breaks. I don't want to stress them to much. 6 acres is allot to run..hahaha. I have 5 little girls all together and 6 big girls and 2 big boys. Then 4 turkey and 3 g hens and then the list goes on from there with all the other animals that are not birds..haha

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I had given up on the last nine eggs, but kept them incubating just in case.... and Low and Behold!! Woo Hoo!! A new chicky this morning. Everyone's mood is lightened here this morning, funny how a baby will do that to you.

[​IMG]

And, here is the whole motely crew:

[​IMG]

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Blarney, They are great! So cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by