Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Californian. A larger breed, the hutch can always be cleaned and disinfected to avoid any issues. Easter, rinse, sit in sun, should be good to go. I wouldn't know why not. Rabbits chew on wood, so keep an eye on it. They need to chew or their teeth overgrow. I put pieces of wood in their cage to chew.

Californian. A larger breed, the hutch can always be cleaned and disinfected to avoid any issues. Easter, rinse, sit in sun, should be good to go. I wouldn't know why not. Rabbits chew on wood, so keep an eye on it. They need to chew or their teeth overgrow. I put pieces of wood in their cage to chew.
Dad cut down his apple trees, think I can still use the limbs from 4 years ago? lol

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

All:

Just to follow up on a bad day....the chook that I put back outside this morning has been mauled by her flock mates....she looked like a fighter in the 12th round...she's back inside and covered in blood....I am sure she is in shock....geez, I'm ready for some hard cider..

All:

Just to follow up on a bad day....the chook that I put back outside this morning has been mauled by her flock mates....she looked like a fighter in the 12th round...she's back inside and covered in blood....I am sure she is in shock....geez, I'm ready for some hard cider..
oh no stake!!! awee

All:

Load her up on electrolytes & calories. Chick vitamins or gatorade mixed with brown sugar work great. Force a little down her if need be. Paint her with blu-kote & park her under a lamp or near a heat source. Warmth & energy will work wonders on her. Once you get her drinking add some antibiotics to ward off infection. She will need to be introduced back to the flock slowly or with a group of new birds so they don't focus just on her as an outsider.

Stake---I am really sorry about your loss of your GLW and now your "mauled" hen

this is a terrible day for you! Its gotta get better.

I hope your hen will heal up and be reaccepted into your flock in a much better way in a speedy fashion.

you are a good chicken caregiver!

------------------------------

on a different note.

today I got 4 brown eggs in my nest box.

I have 4 hens--------------the only thing is I have been waiting forever for a blue egg so

it seems my Easter Egger is laying a brown egg.

Have you ever heard of that?

Maybe she is not an EE ?

is this common?

I am pretty certain no one laid 2 eggs today and I definitely got 4 eggs in one day.

Stake---I am really sorry about your loss of your GLW and now your "mauled" hen

this is a terrible day for you! Its gotta get better.

I hope your hen will heal up and be reaccepted into your flock in a much better way in a speedy fashion.

on a different note.

I have 4 hens--------------the only thing is I have been waiting forever for a blue egg so

Maybe she is not an EE ?

is this common?

I am pretty certain no one laid 2 eggs today and I definitely got 4 eggs in one day.
EE's are likely to lay 1 of many colors, I have 4 that lay different shades of blue and green and 1 that lays a strange mauve-y pink color. So maybe you just need more ;)

Stake---I am really sorry about your loss of your GLW and now your "mauled"  hen

this is a terrible day for you!     Its gotta get better.  

on  a different note.

Maybe she is not an EE ?

is this common?

The thing with EE is that they are mixes & can have any of several egg color genes. Usually they lay blue or green but can also lay brown, pink, lavender, white, & cream.

Back
Top Bottom