Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Quote:I'm heading out on Thursday. I hope the weekdays are less overwhelming!

2. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    I went yesterday with the family and we were super overwhelmed with the crowds! We like living in the country to stay away from that kind of thing, but there were some beautiful birds there and I took a whole bunch of pictures!

3. chickenboy21

chickenboy21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    I was out at farm show this past weekend and out of 2300 some birds i got Best LF with my Light Brown Single Comb Leghorn, Reserve RCCLwith my Belgian Bearded Quail D'anver, BV Buff Silkie, and BV Blue Cochin i also got 1st in showmanship.... im going back out next saturday to check out hopefully i'll get to meet som more bycer's then!!!!!!!

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Thank you silkieluver! [​IMG] Waynesboro is very close to me for sure! I'm not too picky about the breed and I will take mixed breeds as well. I have found myself working on collecting the Easter Egger colors...yes, I know they are mutts, but I love their craziness and their colors. [​IMG] I will write down what you will have and I will contact you when I'm actually looking to purchase. I'm thinking about starting to fill the incubator around mid March time frame. [​IMG] As long as all goes well anyway. [​IMG]
    As for your silkie eggs, you have me very interested. My 14 year old daughter has wanted them for a long time now, but shipping costs always pushed them way out of my budget range. [​IMG] What prices are your pet quality and your show quality? I'm thinking about allowing my kiddos to get into showing, and they can't do that with my pet flock [​IMG]
    Thank you!

No problem, my pet quality silkie eggs are $15 a dozen (the eggs will be pure silkie but not pure colors, I have a fun pen for cool color mixes. I cannot sell show quality eggs because there is no guarantee that the chick will be show quality as it matures. Pet quality chicks are ones with disqualifications such as not enough or too many toes, single combs. Breeder quality are birds that will place at shows but have minor faults that can be easily improved upon like toe spacing, foot feathering, and crest size. Show quality are birds I would actually take to a show that have great type, color, and all the other qualities I look for in a bird

5. animalover

animalover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA
    Congrats, Chickenboy! [​IMG]

6. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Hello,
    I just wanted to let our fellow BYC neighbors that we are having a chicken stock and would like to see ya'll there too if you can make it.
    You must be Tested for AI and NPIP to sell. Or just come on down and meet us and buy some chickens.
    Hope everyone had a great New Years!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=438711&p=1

7. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Quote:Congratulations, chickenboy21! How very exciting for you - nice job! I'm headed to there tomorrow - can't wait to see all the chickens!

8. cnodgaard

cnodgaard Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Harrisburg
    Hi Chickenboy! Looking at your avatar photo, I'm pretty sure I saw you at the Farm Show chicken area. Congrats![​IMG] [​IMG]

9. sugarbell99

sugarbell99 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2010
    Moscow, Pa.
    Moscow,Pa. on the border of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties

10. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Eh! does anybody have an updated list? XD this is gonna take forever

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by