Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Quote:Now if you go to Quakertown, you have to stop at the Q-mart and get some of the best smoked saugage around! It's at the place where you usually have to get a number and they have like 6 workers waiting on people. Oh, the ring bologna is great, too, especially the kind with the cheese inside! Oh man! I'm getting hungry! [​IMG] I don't have any experience with Moyers but I've been by the place and they've been there a long time from what I know.

2. Patty13637

Patty13637 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Northern New York
    I am headed to State college the first week in Feb and am looking for some Millie's . Please let me know if anyone has some for sale . I am headed down from NY . Also interested in anything fun to do at night {hint hint auctions}

Patty

3. Heidiart

Heidiart New Egg

Jan 4, 2011
    Hi! Anyone out there in Berks county? In or near Shillington?

4. iddybiddyfarm

iddybiddyfarm Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2010
    SE PA
    Hiya! I'm in Berks.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Hey gang I am in Southern Chester County and I have a barred rock (mix) roo that needs a home. He's really pretty, but my flock's dominant roo does NOT like him even though he is the father! [​IMG] The father is a delaware the mom is barred rock but the roo looks barred rock.

I also think I have a delaware roo delaware/delaware, but it hasn't crowed yet so I am still not 100%!

Anyone interested in either of them drop me a PM! Dh says if I don't rehome them soon they're gonna be soup! [​IMG]

6. protodon

protodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Nottingham,PA
    Quote:Now if you go to Quakertown, you have to stop at the Q-mart and get some of the best smoked saugage around! It's at the place where you usually have to get a number and they have like 6 workers waiting on people. Oh, the ring bologna is great, too, especially the kind with the cheese inside! Oh man! I'm getting hungry! [​IMG] I don't have any experience with Moyers but I've been by the place and they've been there a long time from what I know.

I ordered meat chicks last year from Moyer's. It was the first time i ordered meat chicks from anywhere and I was very happy with them. I am only about a 2 hour drive from them but it's hard to get off work so I just had them shipped. They ship on tuesdays and I think I got them the next day or something. I ordered 50, 1 was doa but I think they ended up sending 51. The chicks did really well. I did have some losses but not til 2 weeks of age until about 4 weeks but that was just learning curve stuff. I'm ordering from them again this year.

7. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    [​IMG] Hi Everyone! I grew up in Chester County (Elverson) and then moved to Texas...I recently moved back up here due to my husband retiring from the Army after 20 years and 3 months of service [​IMG] and we are residing in Franklin County in Fort Loudon.
    I am currently looking for anyone in the local area (within an hours drive) who will have hatching eggs for a resonable price this coming spring. [​IMG] If you will have any, please let me know what breeds and price via pm! And they don't just have to be chicken hatching eggs either [​IMG] Oh! I almost forgot, my mom still lives in Elverson, so if you are in that area and will have eggs this spring, please let me know about those too! I visit there once a month and she visits me too, so they would find a way to me [​IMG] Thank you ahead of time! [​IMG]

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:[​IMG] PeepTalk. Were very close to you in Waynesboro, PA. What breed of hatching eggs are you looking for? I will have mixed breed egg layer eggs for $12 a dozen and silkie egg/chicks(price depending on quality- pet, breeder, or show) for sale this spring.

9. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Quote:Thank you silkieluver! [​IMG] Waynesboro is very close to me for sure! I'm not too picky about the breed and I will take mixed breeds as well. I have found myself working on collecting the Easter Egger colors...yes, I know they are mutts, but I love their craziness and their colors. [​IMG] I will write down what you will have and I will contact you when I'm actually looking to purchase. I'm thinking about starting to fill the incubator around mid March time frame. [​IMG] As long as all goes well anyway. [​IMG]
    As for your silkie eggs, you have me very interested. My 14 year old daughter has wanted them for a long time now, but shipping costs always pushed them way out of my budget range. [​IMG] What prices are your pet quality and your show quality? I'm thinking about allowing my kiddos to get into showing, and they can't do that with my pet flock [​IMG]
    Thank you!

10. cnodgaard

cnodgaard Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Harrisburg
    Went to the farm show for the first time on Saturday morning. Of course, I headed straight for the poultry area. [​IMG] What a caucophony of noise. All the little banty roosters crowing their little hearts out amid all the big chickens made me smile. [​IMG] It was a lot of fun... until the HOARDES arrived. (I have a little anxiety around crowds... no wonder it took me this long to work up to going to the Farm Show). [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by