Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

well, you could tell them they are hard to come by and they'll cost extra to get...

In Chinese asian cuisine, the dark flesh is considered medicinal. Good for health and vitality; cures coldes, etc. If you've got a decent size Chinese community nearby, I suspect you'd be able to sell every silkie you could hatch.

Hey guys! Below is an email I got from Poultry doc, Aliza Simeone thought I'd pass on this info in case anyone is interested I getting their CPT training, it's free!!!

Good afternoon. I am contacting all of you in SE PA who have either worked with poultry exhibitors, been trained as Certified Poultry Technicians before, or have shown an interest in becoming a CPT. Please feel free to share this information with other poultry enthusiasts in SE PA.

We are offering a CPT class at the PDA Region 7 office in Collegeville, PA on April 23 from 9:30-3. So far we have had very few people sign up for this class. If interest remains this low, we will have to cancel. This is the only CPT class we intend to offer during 2014 at this location (other locations this year will be Harrisburg, Lancaster and State College). We try to offer the class in the spring in this area so that CPTs will be ready for testing for the summer show season.

This class can provide training for new CPTs as well as a refresher for those who just want to make sure they understand the fair testing requirements as well as disease control measures and sample handling and submission. This class will provide the classroom portion and for those who provide their own birds, the hands on portion as well (collecting blood samples, applying leg bands, collecting swab samples).

You CANNOT just show up the day of the class. If you are not already a licensed CPT, to be eligible to attend you must complete an application (attached) and send it WITHOUT the check to Stacy Rakocy at the Harrisburg address on the form to ensure that you meet the basic requirements for licensure. In addition, you must let me know that you are interested in attending the class so I can add you to the list here. If you just want to attend the class as a refresher, please just let me know you wish to attend the class.

Please let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me by email at [email protected] or by phone at 717-443-1199. Thank you.

Aliza Simeone VMD
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Bureau of Animal Health and Diagnostic Services
Region VII Veterinarian
1015 Bridge Rd.|Collegeville, PA 19426
Office Phone: 610-489-1003 x118
Office Fax: 610-489-6119
Email: [email protected]

Sounds interesting! Do you have the application?

Back
Top Bottom