Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Mifflin county here.
smile.png
Welcome from Indiana Co here!

The only old coolers I have are collapsible so they wouldn't work. It's not a big deal. I've just been contemplating hatching and if someone had one they didn't want then cool. Most likely I'll end up waiting until I have some extra money and go get one of those little Giant incubators from tractor supply.

Oh hatching really brings about a whole new meaning to chicken math! LOL

Glad to hear about so many great hatches!

I just had one hatch today, two are in the bator that I had to pip myself because 4 others were shrink wrapped. Not sure what happened there, I was good and didn't touch them after lockdown. After 24 hours of no action I had decided to candle and I knew right away when the air sacks had doubled in size. So I pipped them all to find that it had to have happened on day 20 or 21. Hoping that the two that are in the bator make it.

I have 42 in the other bator and I am worried about them, my humidity wont hold, it keeps fluctuating. Its the bator with my frizzle Cochin eggs.
fl.gif

I found that tea tree oil killed off mites. We had an infestation of mites and did the Sevin and Ivermectin Pour-On for Cattle on the girls. I used the Sevin in the coop and sprayed the coop with tea tree oil in all the cracks. The mites were crawling on us and we sprayed the tea tree oil on us and the mites died right away. Good luck!

Where do you get large quantity of tea tree oil? Well-- enough to spray a coop? Did you dilute it? Please, more information...please

Where do you get large quantity of tea tree oil? Well-- enough to spray a coop? Did you dilute it? Please, more information...please

I just had a little bottle of tea tree oil and read online somewhere that it worked against mites so I thought I would give it a try and it worked. I diluted it with water in a spray bottle. The mites were climbing on my hubby's arm and I sprayed his arm and they all died. We used the Sevin and sprayed all the nooks and crannies with the tea tree oil. The girls didn't like the smell of the oil. I had ordered my bottle online a few years ago so it wasn't a new bottle and I don't remember where I got it from. I need to get some more. I rather use natural oils instead of chemical poisons any day. Alittle went a long way for me.

Ok, question. IF I would go grab an incubator today (not saying I am lol) is there anyone near the Patton, Altoona, or Punxsy area that would happen to have any barred rock or Wyandotte hatching eggs that I could come get lol. This is all hypothetical. If someone does then it may be meant to be lol

Made
a new brooder in two days with skid pallets and left over materials.

THe bottom pics are the old ones chicks and ducklings separated. In my outside pen, I have my hens and ducks together.

Back
Top Bottom