Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: I know but I will give them the benefit : ( ....

Sounds wonderful! I should have gotten local eggs instead of those shipped silkies, lesson learned! your close enough too.... prob wont try again till March... I sure do apprectiate the offer, kids may be very upset, but I cant change things. Part of growin up... some stuff just dont go right~ ! My Mom is from Grantville and we moved from the mnt at fredericksburg 1.5 years ago.

Quote: Yeah IDK either! and they were still nice and warm when I opened them up, and its not like I am far from you, took what 8 minutes home! We will know for sure in a few days and if I cull I will eggtopsy them so we know anyway! I sooooo wanted part of that beauty roo after I seen him!! :) he is awesome!!

Last edited:
I know but I will give them the benefit : ( ....

Sounds wonderful! I should have gotten local eggs instead of those shipped silkies, lesson learned! your close enough too.... prob wont try again till March... I sure do apprectiate the offer, kids may be very upset, but I cant change things. Part of growin up... some stuff just dont go right~ ! My Mom is from Grantville and we moved from the mnt at fredericksburg 1.5 years ago.
You're not the only one to learn your lesson the hard way. I have my $35.00 Splash Marans Roo, also the only survivor of the USPS.

Thank you for the answer! He came from a very pretty blue egg, an EE Mom (or maybe she was an Olive Egger) and Daddy was the largest FBCM I've ever seen. I asked if the Dad was normal and the lady said he was Ukranian, IDK, but huge! So, by what you're saying some would have single combs, and then not carry the colored egg gene? I think I got it! Thanks Heather.

Yes, the single comb ladies will lay brown. I don't know about the Ukranian thing????? If she laid a blue egg (the mom) she could not have been an olive egger, she was Ameraucana or an EE with a lot of Ameraucana in her. He, is the Olive Egger, the rooster you have, so: 50% will have pea combs, 25% will have single combs, and 25% will have a single comb that carries a pea comb gene. I think???? so, if you breed those kids to a pea comb you should get all pea combs, and there kids will be dominate for pea combs. Dang I am getting confused now, LOL

Quote: So I fit right in!! If my silkie "Halo, (yes already named, lol) makes it maybe I should rename him BLING!!! $48. bucks of Blue Silkie he will be!!!
ep.gif

Thank you for the answer! He came from a very pretty blue egg, an EE Mom (or maybe she was an Olive Egger) and Daddy was the largest FBCM I've ever seen. I asked if the Dad was normal and the lady said he was Ukranian, IDK, but huge! So, by what you're saying some would have single combs, and then not carry the colored egg gene? I think I got it! Thanks Heather.
i know that it takes at least 2 years and even then some of the offspring will have brown eggs

Back
Top Bottom