Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Yay!! The new thermostat is here for my incubator. Now just have to get it installed and get a thermometer and give it a testing out. Don't have a turner for it now, put it in the borrowed one. 

:thumbsup
guys these eggs were supposed to hatch on easter morning as a surprise for my little sister and the serama's are pipped and cheeping its only day 18 i don't even have the brooder set up omg

:lol: ..hurry up..those chicks aren't gonna wait!!!:jumpy ...hahahaha...congrats and good luck!!

Thanks! Are you doing the Easter Hatch a Long?

Quote:
I never use the troughs in the bottom of the styro bators except for turkeys & ducks for lockdown. For chicks I add half pint jars until humidity is where I want it. They are easy to add & remove quickly. You can leave a sponge sticking out of the jars to add more surface area & boost humidity if needed as well. I do dump water into the troughs when I'm in active hatch for ducks & turkeys because they need the higher humidity & the troughs dry out really fast.

Goodness, yes. We live literally in town, postage stamp lot 100 or 150x 50. Seriously2 blocks of the square.... Our neighbors are maybe 20-30 feet away? Our hive faces a. Side street....we would have a few hives on an acre! We have a privacy fence between the hive and the sidewalk- that gets the bees up above people with their flight pattern. Their hive is literally outside the back door, right next to the patio- the kids run past it all the time- that is the only path to the yard :) the only stings we have had are kids stepping on them in bare feet- they crawl their way to the hive "area" when they die, so they end up crossing the patio- that is when stings have occurred... The only time we have to ask neighbors to give a wide berth is when we split the hive- bees kinda go everywhere- lol
omgawd!! this is sooo cool...we have a little elbow room between our properties...I have read about their flight paths.... out of the hive is the most important, as far as positioning...from what I am to understand. We would have the room...he is just nervous about them. I will keep "working" on him..hee-hee....I love them!! I have taught our girls, when they were little, how to actually "pet" them.

not me, ....but I now have a SERIOUSLY broody hen!
tongue.png
...she is sitting on NOTHING!!! Crazy birds....what to do.....hahahaha, I KNOW Ray, I KNOW!!!!

I never use the troughs in the bottom of the styro bators except for turkeys & ducks for lockdown. For chicks I add half pint jars until humidity is where I want it. They are easy to add & remove quickly. You can leave a sponge sticking out of the jars to add more surface area & boost humidity if needed as well. I do dump water into the troughs when I'm in active hatch for ducks & turkeys because they need the higher humidity & the troughs dry out really fast.

Ok thanks i think the one i have has got water wells (if that what u call it ahah ) in the bottom to put the water in so ill, just have to play around with it till i get what i want thanks

I really need to stay out of TSC during chick weeks!!. I went there today for some duct tape, honestly that was it. I made it to the register with just the duct tape. I was so proud of myself :) then it happened. I opened my mouth...and ended up buying the last 8 tetra tints that were in one of the tubs for 50 cents each. They seriously must be laughing when I walk in there. I figure if I don't ask I'll never know and they could at least say NO. I need some good egg layers so its worth it. I'm getting more customers wanting eggs and not enough eggs. Hubby was not happy lol.

And my 50 cent silkies getting big

not me, ....but I now have a SERIOUSLY broody hen!:p ...she is sitting on NOTHING!!! Crazy birds....what to do.....hahahaha, I KNOW Ray, I KNOW!!!!

Well that's fun!!! :) I had a broody hen once but we broke her. She is literally the perfect chicken. Prolific layer (even in her 3rd year still laying almost every day), amazing forager, and is an expert at evading predators. Every chicken she's ever known is dead. I'd love love love for her to go broody again and raise me some chicks that will be just like her.

Back
Top Bottom