Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So there's a light brahma egg pipped now. Is that okay? That seems really early to me... :/

It's only Day 18.

My hatches always ran a bit early, could hardly get em locked down before they were hatching. I've been told that my temps could be running a bit higher than they should.... The chicks were all okay. I wouldn't worry. And what a sweet surprise for your little sis.

Thanyou this also helped :) what is the best way to get the humidity up by the way any ideas

I've heard either put a larger water container in the unit or add a sponge to make more surface area...I've only batered once and the sponge worked....

I usually soak a sanitary napkin and place it right under the vent hole in the bator for easy refilling without opening the bator.

OK... I am at work, so hope I can get this out before I have another call.... PERFECT solution coming your way.... MotorcycleChick needs a new EE roo who isn't nasty to her other guy.... I just happen to know someone with a very sweet EE roo and a beautiful group of EE girls, who just happen to produce a lot of beautiful EE eggs... hhhmmm... well, my solution to MC's roo problem when I spoke with her last week was to get her a bunch of eggs to hatch out, she could sell of any extras and keep whichever EE boy she liked best. I just know she was so tempted!
gig.gif

Now it would push her right over the edge if I told her that she could help you out by letting your girl do her broody thing, hatch out a half dozen or so cuties and stay with mama for a few weeks, then move to her place.... now doesn't that just sound like a win/win?????

And I would provide egg delivery!

So... how'd I do??
lau.gif

Great idea on the duck brooder addition!

Fisher:

I offered MCC and nice little CCL roo (or two) and she left empty handed....

Okay, so I have a little duck question for you duck owners. I was just looking over my little Chuck, and the feathers underneath his bum and down a little are wet, and tinted yellow. It doesn't really smell weird, just like how he's always smelled. And when I say a little wet, they're just a little wet. Ladies, think half air- dryed hair. They're not vent gleet-y at all.

Thanks :) we do Love our chickens! We gave away our former flock at the end of last year :-(. But I am now rebulding our little backyard flock :) we live right in town, so we are keeping the flock to just 8...
we are not just chicken crazy, but beekeeping crazy, mix in a half dozen kids and the fun never ends :)

Bees, did you say bees?

I know there are people on here looking for raw honey, myself included, so you fit right in!

I'd raise them myself, but one sting and if be down for a week. My neighbor would love it for his organic orchard, though

I m still working on hubby for that issue, I thought I had him till he seen the price of a hive...and he hates honey, what a dope.

Back
Top Bottom