Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello everyone.................sure is a spring tease outside this weekend! gotta love that!

I am wonder if anyone has ever raised any

spitzhauben chickens?

Pickering Valley has some chicks coming in...............and i think from what I read about this breed they look fun!

BUT there is mention of some undesirable traits/ behaviors.............

I am not sure if this runs for the breed of just the one persons experience..................looking for info!

I am wondering if they will get along with my other 3, if they are aggressive or flightly, handle confinement okay as i work in the day and my gals often just get 1 hour a day of free range........maybe more on the weekends....................

i do have a nice size run but..............its not free range and its dirt floor now!

thanks in advance

Lisa, I am pretty darn sure Sally Sunshine breeds them.
My info on them is that they are good flyers for a chicken, they like to roost up high in the trees(especially during cold snaps) and will forage most of their food if "given the chance ". I interpret that as they need room to fly, but are okay in a coop.

Lisa, I am pretty darn sure Sally Sunshine breeds them.
My info on them is that they are good flyers for a chicken, they like to roost up high in the trees(especially during cold snaps) and will forage most of their food if "given the chance ". I interpret that as they need room to fly, but are okay in a coop.

Ditto on my limited reading on these and Sally did have them but she hasn't been online here for a while....

T:

Yep, thats a keeper....you have some awesome birds....now you need a matching roo to keep it going...
My plan is to keep it going, but I don't have a rooster in that color to do it with. I'll just use this one. I should get some offspring in the dun color.

Back
Top Bottom