Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey all! Just found this thread and decided to jump in! :)
Welcome!
frow.gif
I'm sure if you are looking to buy some chicks or sell some chicks, someone can help you.

Is anyone in the SE PA area looking to add to their flock? I have 2 barred rock hens who are just turning 4 years old. I have 3 new babies and can't keep the other 2 older girls. Since they are not laying anymore, its time to raise new ones... Very friendly, and otherwise healthy hens.. Yours to do as you please with, let them live out there senior years, butcher them (if appropriate at the age??)..

If no interest, I will be taking them to the Rennigers Animal Auction one evening and get them a new home that way... If zoning permits where different and neighboors we not an issue, I'd keep em!

If anyone needs some babies in central pa, I have a bunch available lol. Olive eggers, marans, and Marans crosses. My marans don't lay too dark of eggs though but my crosses egg color is better.

Does anyone here feed chicken heads to their dogs? I don't like to waste any part of the bird and we butchered 4 boys on Sunday. Isaved the heads for the dogs but I'm not sure how to feed them to them. Frozen? Remove the feathers? Thawed? For the record, my dogs eat grain free kibble so they're nor used to bones or anything. They do get raw meat and eggs on occasion. Another question too. Would they eat the chicken heads then associate the living chickens with food? Thanks!

Auro:

Might not be the best thing to teach the dogs to eat.....they might like it too much???

Back
Top Bottom