Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I couldn't agree with you more!!!

But some people only go for the "designer" names. Just like jeans or shoes.....

2. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    OMGoodness I am SO excited!!! I have a new egg layer! No clue which one it is, but it is one of them!!!

3. angelchix

angelchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    ok, so here goes, gonna try to summarize this into a mini read after just reading throught what seemed like an entire encyclopedia of posts.
    Okay, Sally, I think I good name for your darling puppy would be either "Darling" "Dolly" or "Sweetpea" Just some guesses.

And I remember someone saying they had an orp, lemon coc. roo. What is the personality like on those? I want docile if i doooo decide to try another opr roo.

Also, what would other colors of orp roos look like with buff orp hen? What would be the best color?

And . . . last . . . . .if anyone from eastern PA wants one of my lil roos, let me know. If all works out well, be heading out on a trip to schuylkill haven to pick up my first pair of seramas!!! Hey, just in time for my bday!!

Here is pictures of my yellow/golden brahma roos, if anyone interested Ican bring any of those roos with me when i pick up my others.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. angelchix

angelchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    The red ones are cochin/silkie mix roos, developing nice crests, beards, and muffs.
    and of couse the silkie roos. These guys are almost the size of my buff orp girls. Selecting for larger silkies though and the two i am rehoming are smaller than my big boy "Icecycle" They were just hatched end of March and "Ice" is as big as my largest buff orp hen, I would say 7 to 9 lb. range.

5. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry Blarney,,, I never made it to green dragon Friday night,,,, things came up and I couldn't get there early enough to make sure my stuff didn't sell at midnight,,,, since they sell in order,,, made that mistake before, it's like giving the birds away. Didn't realize my "sense of style" was so popular there....LOL... if it helps I do have a beard, probably 50 % gray or more, short sandy hair, around 6ft tall, average build,,, no belly., the no belly may help narrow it down...lol
    Hoping to go this Friday evening if you are also,,,, do you go regularly ?

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Okay, I was a little camera happy tonight. Here are some of my bantam orpingtons.

Blue roo

[​IMG]

Blue pullet

[​IMG]

Blue pair

[​IMG]

Blue roo, black and blue pullets

[​IMG]

And here is my Jersey Giant pullet

[​IMG]

And last but not least, two of my bantam buff brahma pullets

[​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    They are looking gorgeous mama2my4!

I wanted to let everyone know that I have a largefowl Blue Langshan hen that I need to get rid of ASAP. Excellent layer but too many faults for my needs. I'm asking $10 for her and I'm near State College, PA.

8. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Gonna be a long night,, happy to see 6 chicks have pipped,,, but looking like they will be needing some assistance, such a long process. Luckily 3 of them are from the 8 eggs I got in the mail from Kentucky.

Out of 11, 8 actually developed chicks,,, now let's see how many will make it out...... [​IMG]

Black Copper Marans, in case anyone is wondering.

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Sending you truckloads of hatching dust!!!

10. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    does anyone no of any chicken swaps coming up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by