Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    That it is! That would make for a huge investment project. I would die if you order a handful of any one of those day olds and you end up with all cockerels

2. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    thank you so much this will be a big help now i have some good resources this thread being one of them

3. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    yes im over run with chickens and all these pens that im makeing for them.Im also a rooster magnet i always get roosters and of cours a they always have to be my favs to. three broody hens. who wont budge. they keep coming and wont go,at least they are very enjoyable

4. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Your welcome, I am also a rooster magnet. I will have to make some tough decisions in about a month or two?????????? I had some late hatches, then one of my chicken friends came over with a mini-van full of roosters! I got two more cockerels, just to make decision time even more fun!!!

5. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    yippers. they look great. thanks again. i will be there is pick them up next week.

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

How true!

Patricks, was just wondering about the Hanshaw/Martin thing, glad you posted. I have a feeling it won't be until early next year. CPT license run on the calendar year, so getting certified now would only give you 2 months of use before expiration. Hopefully they'll set the date soon.

Ray! LMAO! Only one without a belly, yes indeed, you would stand out. I don't go to the dragon regularly, but love it when I do go. I hope your Marans babies are hatching out ok. I've had tougher hatches with them and read how some people sand or score the shell before setting.

Sally, I posted on the Philly CL, I guess I should have gone with Lancaster... Well, I can always post my English Orp boys there.

And I am awake at this hour as my paranoid disposition has convinced me that a great horned owl is going to take off with my baby goat. This can't happen, right?

7. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    yeah, but if you put them on the rarebreeds auction, someone would buy them , sometimes for more than you paid for them[​IMG]

8. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

I think the goat is safe, but watch out for the chickens around the deck Blarney!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    My youngest son is going to be SO disappointed! His favorite bantam ameraucana "pullet" started crowing this morning.....

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    You guys are night owls!

Chad~ Can you imagine how much a bidding war would go on them? LMAO it would be fun to watch! Investment project~ Thats why I want to make sure I know what I am doing with these chicks and genetics... I have time to research and find help on the genetics stuff!

heatherscooby~ Thanks for the link, I would be so paranoid of bringing disease and stuff home to my flock when showing, but I guess its all different with you guys, you dust and vaccinate, blood tests not sure I could handle any of that.

Blarney & heather~ yup free to look!! I am going to search again and see if I come up with anyone else who sells any of the NONs Brahmas he he he [​IMG]

Blarney I forget if you joined the Facebook page for pa https://www.facebook.com/groups/palivestockfarmgardenandpets/ if your not on FB send me what u need posted and I can do it for ya, or if your on PM me and I can add u as friend and invite you... I get so confused as to who is who with these darn names LOL

Everyone else [​IMG]good morning to ya too!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by