Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I just posted some birds and bunny cages there!!

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    IDK. Some of those started at 399.00 thats insane

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    if you go to there shopping cart, some are $999.00. You have to remember these folks are paying to go to other countries and pay to import these birds. Then when they get them here, they are kept in a state of the art facility. Image them spending $10,000 on a pair of birds. They are going to have to have perfect bio-security, and animal husbandry. That's why the chicks cost so much.

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    no, whats insane is two chicks, hen and roo $999.00

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] havent found anything other than UK

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  6. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    How is the ducky doing today?
    Ropo congrats!!
    Everyones chicken pictures are beautiful.

There is a poultry auction this sat at the Bloomsburg fair grounds. I can't remember who asked about that.

Goodmorning to the rest of you. I hear its going to be really cold on Saturday!! I need to finish preparing my coop or I will have frozen chickies!!

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Ahhhh. Gotcha! Didn't realize they are brought in from all over to be bred. WOW! Hmmm....Do I want a new truck or build facilities and buy a few chickens from them lol

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I didn't even think about what Heather said. Going to other countries to find the birds and than importing them and than having the housing for these guys.....and all that jazz. I'm sure those birds are living the lap of luxury when they get here.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Okay....So you get a pair for a grand. That's better than un-sexed day old chicks. And you get a pair, raise those kids up, they breed, I'm sure those chicks would sell for a pretty penny.

10. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    ok, this is true, but alot of people buy from bradshaw, i can understand, but then turn around and resell on the auction places and other people bid them up for more than what bradshaw paid and sold for. they make more than bradshaw did, once the chickens start laying, hopefully lots of chicks to sell also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by