Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

What you need is an incubator. At least one other person besides me on here has them as well.

I can make it real easy, look up coolerbater. An old cooler, a couple light fixtures, a thermostat a thermometer and humidity meter and some simple wiring = incubator if you have time to hand turn. Cost about $50 if you are good at scavenging, might be able to do it for less.

Last edited:
hmmm, should I clean the floors, put away the laundry or build an incubator....

duh, build the incubator!!!

I am a queen of scavange and MacGyvering things.... I could do it!!! I just need instructions...and I'll bet I can find them here. OMG.

I have to find out more about quail. I just started looking them up this afternoon. and now I see the baby oh dear lord...

Last edited:
Simple incubator ( better than the ones at tractor supply.)

Igloo cooler - free somewhere

Two light sockets and wire - really ugly old lamps from a yard sale, strip off the parts needed- free - $5

Thermostat - several options, wafer thermostat - $25 or water heater thermostat from HD that goes down to 90° (not great, but I've managed to make one work) -$15. I'll take a picture of how I modified it if anyone wishes. Expensive option is a fancy digital one around $50-$100.

Accurite (sp?) thermometer/ humidity - digital-$10.

Piece of plexiglass for window - scavenge - free - optional, but you want it.

A few screws, silicone, jigsaw, screwdriver, drill and assorted bits. Probably wire nuts and electrical tape.

Yeah, I'm " neighborly "

hmmm, should I clean the floors, put away the laundry or build an incubator....

duh, build the incubator!!!

I am a queen of scavange and MacGyvering things.... I could do it!!! I just need instructions...and I'll bet I can find them here. OMG.

I have to find out more about quail. I just started looking them up this afternoon. and now I see the baby oh dear lord...

Coolerbater instructions....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/homemade-easy-cooler-incubator

Here is my simplified version of the wiring....feel free to pm me if you have any questions

GM all:

I candled my bater eggs last night and it looks like everything is going good on Day 10.....I also have a broody on 11eggs, 3 two week olds and 6 five week olds...if anybody has any interest in anything please feel free to PM me

CCLs, Dorkings (most likely blacks), Barred Hollands, Olive eggers, and a handful of mixes that may lay any color

GM all:

I candled my bater eggs last night and it looks like everything is going good on Day 10.....I also have a broody on 11eggs, 3 two week olds and 6 five week olds...if anybody has any interest in anything please feel free to PM me

CCLs, Dorkings (most likely blacks), Barred Hollands, Olive eggers, and a handful of mixes that may lay any color
Lucky for me you're on the other side of the state.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom