Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012

ya it was im surprised cuz not to many people need roosters but i still have more that need to go d'uccles guineas ameraucanas and now to blue silkie roosters decided i would get a rooter from another blood line for my hens its still an accomplishment for me
  2. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012

ill pray for u your girl is very brave so young to i hope she gets better
  3. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Anyone know of any swaps in Pa? thx
  4. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Momma, thank you for the update. I just don't know how you're holding it together.

Missy, 'DH calls it, 'getting my Irish up', but evil works too.
  6. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

22 Black Copper Marans out of the shell and doing well,,,,, 6 more to go.

Can't wait until I can get a full night's sleep again.... !!!!! [​IMG]

So looking forward to these lettle guys growing up and seeing what they look like,,,, 3 different Roos sired these little guys, they should be so different from each other,,,, nice to have a selection of new genes.
  7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    My Coop
    AWESOME Hatch!!!! How many were set?? I forget! do you have a big bator? yayyya fluffy butts pics please!!!
  8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
  9. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ

Sounds like good numbers. Hope they finish up so you can get some sleep. Are the clean legged or feathered? Congrats!
  10. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Almost all are feather-legged, the Roos are all feathered, one hen is clean, but she's a nice hen otherwise, and produces mostly feather-legged young.

I use an average sized styrofoam incubator, probably set around 35 eggs,,, only 2 left that haven't even pipped yet,, not sure what I'll do about them yet, I did open the airsack end of another that didn't pip and actually found it's beak and opened the membrane for it and it seems to be doing ok.
    Had never done that for one before, but I knew it was overdue and took the chance.

Had another that pipped in the middle of the egg, hadn't seen that before either,,, that posed a bit of a challenge,,, but seems to be doing well enough also.

I was so hoping there would be some blue's in the bunch,,, but all look like blacks. Definitely some blues on the next go !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by