Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i pray everything works out for her, and you, how brave that little girl is.

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Mama, Little Bit and your whole family are certainly in my thoughts.

Sally, I think the girls have mixed it up so well that there's no problem.

Blarney....you're evil....like me!

3. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Mama prayers coming your way.

Sally there are brahma chicks for sale on the day BST section. They are priced alot better!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

4. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ

She is such a brave little girl. As a small child I had gone through four eye surgeries, not as extensive as your daughters just muscle surgery. I hope she is resting comfortably and heals quickly. I hope they caught it early also.

5. NJchixs

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    Sally I was thinking of ordering the surprise pack from Taylor hobby farms. There may be some Brahmas in there, and with my luck a rooster too. If I do it and end up with one are any of their colors something you might want. I hate straight run, ugh. My husband keeps asking if I ordered them yet, lol. He know the clock it ticking if I do. :D

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Nothingbutbirds ~ How does it work with Silkie roos? are they mean to each other too? I already have a white roo.

Mama~ praying [​IMG] oh and you already know which pretty lady I want! lol EDITED to add... I am uploading a movie of our little terror puppies! they are destroying the whelping box at this point and had their first meal!! yaya

Chicky Dee~ The Gold Laced? they are neat but they look too much like my GLW! just fluffy butts! Thanks for sharing... I wonder if you can subscribe to get updates when someon lists something new?? anyone?

NJChix~ sounds like a plan, have you ordered from them before? What kinds are in the surprise packs?

Chad~ I love me silks!! Roo gives me any crap I just hold him for an hour and he gets over it he he he

off to work on the coop.... well actually its hubbys coop as I didnt do much

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  7. NJchixs

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    No I haven't ordered from them before, but I was thinking I might be better with chicks growing indoors over the winter and ready for outside come late winter/spring when my new coop should be done. The surprise pack is more budget friendly for me, but not a guarantee on breeds. But it will have 15-26 chicks of any of these breeds: FBCM, German NH reds, BBS jersey giants, ameraucanas, Buff O, buff/gold/blue gold laced brahma, barred PR and white leghorn. I would plan on selling the chicks I didn't want to keep right away and then have to see what the sexes are on the others. But I don't want any roosters because I have an ******* neighbor, although its perfectly legal for me.

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Nice mix. A few breeds there I would be happy to buy off of you if you don't want them!

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    neighbors st#ck! lol I like the buff looking brahma the blues are sorta strange, blotchy like... their birds in general are pretty cool I think!

10. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania

i havent seen them fighting to much just pull a feather or 2 out they havent drawn blood so theyre pretty docile to each other the nonbearde seem to be less docile than the bearded for some reason

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by