Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Thanks Blarney.

2. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
  3. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Well, of course. For that amount, it had better come with the butler, the sous-chef, the pastry chef, the upstairs maid, the laundress, and the chauffeur, who of course drives the specially outfitted golf cart with the bullet-proof observation dome.
    Oh! And don't forget the grounds keeper!.

mm

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Missy~ Doesnt the de get sticky in the outside? Wood ash is most beneficial in the pen run or anywhere... we actually have a faux fire pit for the "girls" cough cough he he he to sit and relax.... but its really there for the ash and the charcoal.... I put their cooked oatmeal on the charred wood for them to eat, natural wormer too and just healthy for them....

Hubby got that Permethrin powder and we did all the chickens tonight. I never heard a man beeauch so much! like it was so difficult. He was like "this sh$t is gonna kill me" I should just kill the bleep bleep bleeps!!" Me? I just laughed at him... told him I would do it get out of the way.... he hardly dusted them, he said it read 1 lb per 1000 birds???????/ holy cow!! I still didnt see a single bug or eggs on them though.

chiques ~ $25 ea!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Love your SFH too!

BEAU COOP??? How in the world did you run into that!! LOL!! 100K coop would go well with those Brahma specials [​IMG]

Mama~ [​IMG]

Chad~ Now you gotsome MAJOR plans! oh and landscapes [​IMG]

Everyone [​IMG]

5. NJchixs

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ

Sally where did you find permethrin powder? Is that better than using sevin? I used the sevin powder when I brought home some new birds a few months back.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    hubby was supposed to get the Sevin but came home with the Permethrin from the ag store. He said the Sevin said big bold NOT FOR USE ON PETS, so he asked and the ag guy gave him this powder, its for all mites lice ticks fleas.... its in a shaker cardboard tube and I think I saw a horse on the front of it.

"permethrin- which is the synthetic form of pyrethrum, an organic insecticide derived from flowers. Poultry keepers have used pyrethrum for over a hundred years. My 1895 Biggle Poultry Book recommends it. Permethrin is more stable, with a longer shelf life and so it’s what is sold. It’s safe for poultry, but toxic to cats and fish. I only use it when I know that my hens are enclosed in their coops and not going anywhere."

First time I am using it!

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    NJ Chicks, I hope I see you at Sussex. I will be wearing 'My Pet Makes Me Breakfast' BYC Sweatshirt, it is Bright Blue, and I'll be tagging along with my teenage son.

I'm pretty sure that Permethrin is in Sevin.

I got all my dusting stuff and spray for the coop at Walmart. I just looked at the ingredients list on stuff in the pharmacy section. It took me until I was in line at the register, and the clerk was looking me up and down before I realized I had filled my cart with 'Rid' products and stuff for bed bugs. Now-a-days, when I'm in her line, I make sure to give my head a little scratch just to freak her out.

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Blarney [​IMG][​IMG] need a head scratch icon!

9. NJchixs

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    Thanks Sally, thought maybe it was better.

I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm not showing, I'm hoping to buy some more colored egg layers and maybe another marans. Is he showing? Not sure which family member I'm dragging with me yet, it's a 2.5 hour drive. If the weather is bad, I may just order some chicks online. I'm not one that enjoys a cold rainy day.

10. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    I just choked on that one! Very funny!

mm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by