Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Heather I have Silver Laced Wyandotte envy.

We put the chooks in cages right close to the house after bathing so they would stay clean. OH my goodness! That Roo has a loud crow! Good mornin to me.

I'm taking the BC Marans cockerels and Black Orp cockerels to Sussex along with some mixed breed pullets and cockerels. (All 8 weeks) Am REALLY hoping not to bring them back home. I really don't have the quarantine space.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Anyone local have a blue cochin cockerel? I cant put fluffy back in with the others, they attack her, she is much better free ranging but tends to huddle the fence because she is alone : (

3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I have a bantam, not sure about being a roo though, to young.

4. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks! I hope I find something soon!

Blarneyeggs.... Yes, it is near the Harrisburg area. I have been looking like in a 45 minute area. Some have places with acreage but state no pets let alone chickens! Why have all that land and not have animals! I can't get rid of ALL my babies! ;)

5. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I have an extra, I can send it with Chad the next time he comes my way.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]Here are my babies. As you can see i have one lavender in the mix. Had two but that one didnt make. This group of ten are being raised by their two mothers that hstched them out.

8. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Chad is heading that way Saturday afternoon

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Got another broody,they did not get the memo that it is not spring time.....I gave up fighting mother nature and gave the remaining broodies a couple eggs each...This time it is a young mix from a early spring hatch....leghorn roo / buff orpington mix, and she has got to be the nastiest broody I have ever encountered,,,Sally I need that long oven mitt..

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Too sweet! So is that a very large waterer, or very teeny chicks? My perspective is all off.

Wing stone, please don't tell my broody that fall hatches are 'allowed'. I simply can NOT do any more chicks this year! My poor broody is so determined she is sitting on nothing. On the other hand, I could use some more Marans pullets... And my incubator Marans hatches are just not going very well, maybe a broody is the answer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by