Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

CCL is cream crested legbars. They're rather popular right now. They are auto sexing at hatch and lay blue eggs
smile.png
Thank you
smile.png
I had come up with 'cream legbars' but couldn't figure out what the other 'c' could be for.

Fisher:

Amazing....100% cooperation ....your flock has good karma!!!!!

We have been incredibly lucky with our hens...and birds in general!

DH has been checking the security camera we have in the hut where these two decided to brood...it is just a 4x4 structure with two levels we call 'the condo'. It is attached to the run and has pop doors for the birds to just use it as a hangout, sometimes they do lay eggs in the hay we piled in there for them and now these two decided it looked like a good spot to brood. DH says some of the other hens have been going in to visit and investigate the new additions....kinda looks like visiting hours at the maternity ward! LOL

We have been incredibly lucky with our hens...and birds in general! DH has been checking the security camera we have in the hut where these two decided to brood...it is just a 4x4 structure with two levels we call 'the condo'. It is attached to the run and has pop doors for the birds to just use it as a hangout, sometimes they do lay eggs in the hay we piled in there for them and now these two decided it looked like a good spot to brood. DH says some of the other hens have been going in to visit and investigate the new additions....kinda looks like visiting hours at the maternity ward! LOL
I've seen that before. Chickens are nosy, aren't they?
Grayson posing with lower condo entrance in background top floor of condo accessed by gangplank from stump...one hen brooded there last year plexiglass windows cut into sides to allow chickens a view from their hangout.
Great setup! What do you have on the ground there? Is that just gravel?

I need some advice from my pennsylvania peeps. 9 of 10 hens in my mixed flock are now regularly laying. With the help of ceramic eggs everyone lays in the nest boxes except my double laced barnevelder. We find her eggs nearly daily in the run here and there. She just started laying about 2 to 3 weeks ago. Should I be patient or is there something I can do to encourage her to lay in the proper spot? Any advice would be appreciated.

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom