Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Greetings! I am a long time poultry owner and have been on and about this site for many years (on previous accounts), and have found this to be the greatest source of info and aid when I did not know myself. I recently moved here to Western PA just over a year ago from Nevada, and it has been nothing but good things for me and my family. I am glad to be here, and hope to have good times with all of you as well.

There is one thing I'd like to ask. I have been looking far and wide for Chukar Partridges, but cannot find anywhere with a minimum requirement of 5 or less. So, if anyone knows somewhere where I could get just two or three of them (although I'll go up to five if I must), or is willing to sell them to me? They are my favourite bird and I would love to be able to have them.

Greetings! I am a long time poultry owner and have been on and about this site for many years (on previous accounts), and have found this to be the greatest source of info and aid when I did not know myself. I recently moved here to Western PA just over a year ago from Nevada, and it has been nothing but good things for me and my family. I am glad to be here, and hope to have good times with all of you as well.

There is one thing I'd like to ask. I have been looking far and wide for Chukar Partridges, but cannot find anywhere with a minimum requirement of 5 or less. So, if anyone knows somewhere where I could get just two or three of them (although I'll go up to five if I must), or is willing to sell them to me? They are my favourite bird and I would love to be able to have them.

Welcome from Cambria County! Glad you like it here in PA! I can't help you on the Chukar but hopefully someone can.

Fifteen and sixteen are out. I can't sleep with all the noise, so they might go to the brooder before they're one hundred percent dry.
I can't lie to you! This is a really good hatch! Way better than I expected!

@Auroradream26 Thanks. Nevada was just, awful. Absolutely awful. Best thing that ever happened to me was moving here. Chickens like it a lot more as well, they have so much more room. And I hope someone can help me with the Chukar too. I want some so much.

@Auroradream26 Thanks. Nevada was just, awful. Absolutely awful. Best thing that ever happened to me was moving here. Chickens like it a lot more as well, they have so much more room. And I hope someone can help me with the Chukar too. I want some so much.

This is the time of year I wish I didn't live in PA. The feeling passes once it starts warming. Thank you for the reminder that PA is a good place, even in February.

I have never had Chukars, what do you especially like about them?

I've seen them advertised on Craigslist a few times, but they do not seem to be as commonly kept as pheasant and quail.

@Auroradream26
Thanks. Nevada was just, awful. Absolutely awful. Best thing that ever happened to me was moving here. Chickens like it a lot more as well, they have so much more room. And I hope someone can help me with the Chukar too. I want some so much.

Welcome to pa! I went Las Vegas once and didn't like it too much . Everyone thinks I'm nuts for not like there. I grew in a hot crowd city just like that, I prefer cold pa country living style .
Sorry I know nothing about Chukar .

Back
Top Bottom