Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hi everyone :) I'm new here, from slatington, pa. My sister@emorems0 got me all set up with my girls back in oct, I've been loving it!!! One of my girls is having some feather issues though. The feathers on her back are looking chewed off maybe? And the fluffy stuff underneath is exposed. Same thing happening on the fluffy butt area. Any clues what this could be ftom?
[/IMG]
I brushed the snow off but it really sticks to the fluffy stuff :p

Hi everyone :) I'm new here, from slatington, pa. My sister@emorems0 got me all set up with my girls back in oct, I've been loving it!!! One of my girls is having some feather issues though. The feathers on her back are looking chewed off maybe? And the fluffy stuff underneath is exposed. Same thing happening on the fluffy butt area. Any clues what this could be ftom?
[/IMG]

Welcome! I still remember the nice coop she made for you. Lucky to have such great sister.
Sorry, I am a newbie,so cannot help you about the question.

[/IMG]
Could she possibly have feather mites?

Wear all black, and soft soled sneakers so they don't hear you coming. Wear night vision goggles, and a ski mask. You creep into the coop at night...
Go in at night with a flashlight, and check near their vents and the exposed area. Look at the roosts. You will see them. Then give them a dusting with Sevin dust or food grade DE to treat. In the future, be sure they have a dust bath to keep bugs at bay.

Back
Top Bottom