Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I am half PA Dutch. My father never taught us a word. He spoke it, but never told us what he was saying. My aunt (the one living in Reading, that I REALLY wanted her farm) passed before I could grill her for answers.
    Anyone know Paul or David Heifer?

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh and PA dutch yes lol

she basically raised us, so I do know alot of swear words too! lol

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    SOOOOO DIAGNOSIS anyone???? a mighty fine hen gettin real real thin with runs!!! [​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    nope

7. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I would try a child's dose of Pepto. It is the only safe anti-diarheal for animals. Assuming she is at least 4#.
    Saltines can help too. That is all I got for ya.[​IMG]

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Nigerian Dwarf Goaties, LOVE them! We are planning on breeding them for a May kidding, babies should be ready in July. We got 3 papered ND from 3 seperate lines to keep our herd gene pool diverse. We plan to breed them to 3 different bucks to really mix things up.

Sally, I THINK I read somewhere that powdered milk is good for chicken loose stool.

9. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL!!! I'll eat the cheese! :)

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I found this so far....I have epson and wheat germ and sour milk is just acv and milk right?? I havent a clue what that other chemical is???

Mother Earth News
    "Among the actual diseases that infect domestic fowl, diarrhea is the most common. This condition-revealed by white or greenish, loose droppings-can be caused by cold, dampness, dirty surroundings and unclean food. Isolate the patient in warm, dry quarters and give her potassium permanganate solution to drink. To make this remedy, dissolve one tablespoon of the chemical in one quart of warm water. Then, for each bird, take one tablespoon of this concentrated solution and further dissolve it in one cup of warm water. In severe cases use a stronger solution, potent enough to turn a dipped finger slightly brown. (Don't keep potassium permanganate mixture in a metal container.)

Another remedy for diarrhea is Epsom salts in the feed, half a pound per 100 birds or 1/2 teaspoon each. Then feed the sick chickens wheat bran moistened with sour milk or buttermilk."

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/sustainable-farming/chicken-diseases-and-treatment-zmaz74zhol.aspx#ixzz2A2ablQ3c

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by