Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am half PA Dutch. My father never taught us a word. He spoke it, but never told us what he was saying. My aunt (the one living in Reading, that I REALLY wanted her farm) passed before I could grill her for answers.
Anyone know Paul or David Heifer?

SOOOOO DIAGNOSIS anyone???? a mighty fine hen gettin real real thin with runs!!!
hit.gif

What kind of goat? My plans for the spring are 2 nigerian dwarf goats and 6 chickens - sadly my township only permits 8 animals per 2 acres.

Nigerian Dwarf Goaties, LOVE them! We are planning on breeding them for a May kidding, babies should be ready in July. We got 3 papered ND from 3 seperate lines to keep our herd gene pool diverse. We plan to breed them to 3 different bucks to really mix things up.

Sally, I THINK I read somewhere that powdered milk is good for chicken loose stool.

Map with dinner times?! I choked on my coffee with that one. I don't know about a 'sammich', but I can dial a phone and order pizza anytime. (except Mondays when the ONE and only place that delivers to us is closed). Is pizza 'vegan'? I'm guessing with the cheese, no.

Would love to be a part of a local poutrly club!! now, is Lebanon County local? I don't think for me it is.

Pics for Sally coming soon....
LOL!!! I'll eat the cheese! :)

SOOOOO DIAGNOSIS anyone???? a mighty fine hen gettin real real thin with runs!!!
hit.gif
I found this so far....I have epson and wheat germ and sour milk is just acv and milk right?? I havent a clue what that other chemical is???

Mother Earth News
"Among the actual diseases that infect domestic fowl, diarrhea is the most common. This condition-revealed by white or greenish, loose droppings-can be caused by cold, dampness, dirty surroundings and unclean food. Isolate the patient in warm, dry quarters and give her potassium permanganate solution to drink. To make this remedy, dissolve one tablespoon of the chemical in one quart of warm water. Then, for each bird, take one tablespoon of this concentrated solution and further dissolve it in one cup of warm water. In severe cases use a stronger solution, potent enough to turn a dipped finger slightly brown. (Don't keep potassium permanganate mixture in a metal container.)

Another remedy for diarrhea is Epsom salts in the feed, half a pound per 100 birds or 1/2 teaspoon each. Then feed the sick chickens wheat bran moistened with sour milk or buttermilk."

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/sustainable-farming/chicken-diseases-and-treatment-zmaz74zhol.aspx#ixzz2A2ablQ3c

Back
Top Bottom