Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I'm 45 minutes from StateCollege. You can have all the eggs that you want. They are mutts, but they are beautiful. I have one green egg layer, and will save those eggs if that is what you want.
Only Fisherlady knows if it's possible for the rooster to carry a blue gene.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer and tips. Most reports I've read/heard say they are docile and not aggressive towards other chickens or people. Have you raised Breda or seen it first hand? I'm interested because of looks and reported temperament...the eggs are just a bonus for me.

Any idea of price for a dozen eggs and/or price if you hatch some for me?
If you're looking for docile "eye candy", I think you've just described Cochins. Or if you want something tall and stately, how about Langshans?

My friend lives a few miles away and I hatched dozens of Breda Fowl for him 2 years ago. He kept a few hens and free ranged the extra roos on the farm where I keep chickens. I have never been stalked by a free ranging roo until those Bredas matured, then at least 1, maybe 2, would run up behind us. They never made contact, or I would have ended him quickly, but I did make sure to eliminate all of them before they had a chance to breed and get those genes into our flock.

We advertised for months on Craiglist to sell off just a few chicks, so we resolved to stop hatching them. I know he'd sell you eggs cheap, and when we spoke a week ago he mentioned maybe hatching a few to get some black hens. If he does that, the blue and splash ones will be sold cheap. I'm not sure what colors you want. Are you fairly close to Pottstown?

I am certain we will never have Bredas on our farm ever again. I think they are scarce because most people that have tried them have moved on and don't consider them worth propagating.

I'm 49 minutes from state collage I have green and light and medium brown eggs if u want any I have been getting so many eggs I don't know what to do with

That's what happens when you do chicken math. I went out tonight and discovered that while I was away, my family didn't think to check the duck run for eggs, so I've got a week's worth of maybe-fertile duck eggs destined for the 'bator now.

Thank you again for the offer. People here are so lovely
thumbsup.gif
I'm already hooked up thanks to @MotorcycleChick

Yes dear?
Superman, I could have dieded by the time you answered my call. Ohhhhh! So traumatized!
th.gif

big_smile.png
oh boy! I love when you guys enable me!
It isn't enabling. It is being neighborly!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

That's what happens when you do chicken math. I went out tonight and discovered that while I was away, my family didn't think to check the duck run for eggs, so I've got a week's worth of maybe-fertile duck eggs destined for the 'bator now.

Thank you again for the offer. People here are so lovely
thumbsup.gif
I'm already hooked up thanks to @MotorcycleChick
Yes, yes. I am awesome.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom