Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    http://www.nationalband.com/leg.htm#992 I like the ones called plastic bandettes. I haven't had any problem with these on cleaned leg birds. I am not sure what I am going to do for the Cochins yet????

2. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I have 2 turkeys, and two geese, with a lot of hiding places.

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    PEP.....NPIP......CPT

Date................November 8th 2012

Place to be......PA Department of Agriculture/Bureau of Animal Health

2301 N Cameron St/Harrisburg PA 17110

Time....TBA Probably 9 AM- Early afternoon

Price: Free (CPT liscense fee $10 per year)

What to bring........You, backyard flock owners interested in the PEP, NPIP and or the CPT certification, a notepad (and yes something to write with), and a list of questions.

Dr. Gregory Martin (PSU) will speak and answer questions on animal husbandry, Dr. Hanshaw will speak and answer questions on NPIP certification, PA pullorium equivilant program as well as do the book training for the CPT ( Certified Poultry Tech) certification.

**************Liscenses issued will be valid through December 2013********************************

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    CHAD!! you are the bomb!

Thursdays are a no-go for me, but I will see if I can get coverage.

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been lucky with hawks, so far. I know that will change. I have resident hawks with an annual nest within 100 yards. My chickens are in a fenced area too big to cover, but they have a covered 8 x 12 area next to the pop door. I have seen them run for cover when the hawk flies low overhead. I don't leave them in the uncovered area until they are 12-15 weeks. Just waiting for the day some go missing.
    Just put fence around my1800sq ft garden and opened a hole so my chickens can clean it up for me. Too many weeds, I just started out this year and didn't keep it up!

@wingstone - I appreciated it. Now considering a chicken coop made of bales. Just need to work out doors amd windows. Even if it lasts a year, I can always use it for compost or mulch. At your husbands price, I may switch to straw in my coop instead of shavings from TSC. It's only an extra couple minutes drive.

@chad - I'm going to have to pass on the class. Work won't understand, but thanks for setting it up!

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Ok, who can take Chads roo from State College east today?

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OMG check out the liquor store parking lot!!! OMG fuller than the ag AND GROC STORE!!! wtheck!!

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by