Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

These would be perfect since they are numbered, would you happen to know of a size chart, and at what age do you start using these, I can see the chicks might peck at the colors.? I am trying to keep track of things like which birds have been treated for what and came from where, but when you got 5 or 6 that look the same it's confusing.

Heavy breed roosters, 13
LF roosters, and heavy breed hens 11
LF hens 9

Other then this above, I don't know. I use wire ties until I know they are staying. I have tons of colors. I get them from: http://www.9thtee.com/zipties.htm
What I do is each hatch gets a color. Then if I see a particular bird I like when its young, I will put another color on it to "watch" its progress. You can also make the pullets the right leg, and cockerels the left leg, to see if your guesses are correct when they are older. It very helpful, you just got to remember to track your color system!!!

These would be perfect since they are numbered, would you happen to know of a size chart, and at what age do you start using these, I can see the chicks might peck at the colors.? I am trying to keep track of things like which birds have been treated for what and came from where, but when you got 5 or 6 that look the same it's confusing.
wingstone,
One of the vendors that advertises on BYC, (actually has a paper catalog), is Stromberg's. I think they only put out one a year, but it kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and the Sears' Christmas Catalog came in the mail....I sat and drooled over it, with a pad of paper and a pencil, making my Christmas wish list. The point is, there are leg bands of all sizes, shapes, colors and quantities available. The web address is www.strombergschickens.com. Just go on line and order a catalog. Happy drooling!

mm

We are in the 15 case zone! I only have about 5 cases of Adams County Wine ~ I hope it will be enough!!

Now, as my favorite tee-shirt slogan says: "English Major; You do the Math." Since I am just outside Philadelphia (by exactly one mile), I think I fall somewhere between 15 cases and 12 bottles. My question is this.....IS THAT PER CAPITA?

mm

Thanks for all the replies for leg bands, hope to have a system in place soon to keep track of everyone.
I also got some new pics while out preparing for the storm (nice to see we all have a sense of humor about it )

These are the few small bantams still looking for homes

Thanks for all the replies for leg bands, hope to have a system in place soon to keep track of everyone.
I also got some new pics while out preparing for the storm (nice to see we all have a sense of humor about it )

These are the few small bantams still looking for homes

What all you got there?

Back
Top Bottom