Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

LOL! You know that I am happy, but I am also annoyed that I was right. Now that I am done with chicks for the year, I get a broody. :lau I said it would happen!
I had considered taking the chicken eggs, and replacing them with three or four Pekin eggs. I decided that chickens are much cleaner/dryer so I will stick with them.
Here's to my broody, Bonnie Tyler!

Congrats! The broody is the way to go! As you said "you" may be done with chicks for the year (which none of us believe anyways...) but she will do all the work for you! ;) :lol:

Congrats! The broody is the way to go! As you said "you" may be done with chicks for the year (which none of us believe anyways...) but she will do all the work for you!
wink.png
lol.png
gig.gif
Very true!

ep.gif
You aren't trying to push chicks, are you?! That is chicken meth math! LOL
Gotta move 'em out so I can hatch more!
I truly am cutting back. This week I have only 156 eggs in lockdown, that is the least amount since the beginning of February.

I added 88 quail eggs this week, but I'm hatching them for a friend, so they don't count.
And the 10 Welsh Harlequin duck eggs don't count either, I only count chickens now.

On the topic of ducks, can 1 month old ducklings go outside permanently? I do that with chicks, but they are well feathered by them and the ducks, while huge, still have mostly down. They are getting messy and stinky in the basement (and no, that is not what I named them).

LOL! Maybe you should!
Actually, my ducklings have all been outside without heat by three weeks. This year, for some reason, everyone has been fine with me doing that at 2-3 weeks. I listen for peeping, and check through the window. Even when it went down into the low thirties (scarrrryyyyyy!) the ducklings were fine in late April.

LOL! Maybe you should!
Actually, my ducklings have all been outside without heat by three weeks. This year, for some reason, everyone has been fine with me doing that at 2-3 weeks. I listen for peeping, and check through the window. Even when it went down into the low thirties (scarrrryyyyyy!) the ducklings were fine in late April.
Great! They can go out. I am not very confident with ducks and I sure don't want anything to happen to these little ones. I put them into water last weekend and they figured it out pretty fast. I don't know what they were saying to each other, but I think they approved of their bath.

Now I just need to get their coop/yard finished. I practice JITCB (Just In Time Coop Building), but it seems the time has come. Now I know what I'm doing Saturday.

What are good "duck treats" to get them tamer?

Great! They can go out. I am not very confident with ducks and I sure don't want anything to happen to these little ones. I put them into water last weekend and they figured it out pretty fast. I don't know what they were saying to each other, but I think they approved of their bath.

Now I just need to get their coop/yard finished. I practice JITCB (Just In Time Coop Building), but it seems the time has come. Now I know what I'm doing Saturday.

What are good "duck treats" to get them tamer?

I know there is a list somewhere on BYC, but I just give mine whatever they want. Some spinach and lots of peas.

I still have not given my ducks any minnows or guppies. I will remember to get some one of these days. I am sure Duckling will like seeing the fish, but might not like seeing what happens to them. :lau

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom