Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

thumbsup.gif

FIRST BLUE EGG FROM Dennis's Pennsylvania Blacks! (hatched 2/26!) Thank you Dennis!
WOW !! Very pretty. I can't believe she started laying in under 5 months. I am definitely putting more of those in to hatch this weekend. These are close to the perfect production layer of blue eggs, no one can argue with the results you have.

@Auroradream26 These are two of the 5 birds I got off you around Easter time. The other three are all black, two with beards and 1 without. 4 girls and 1 boy. The boy will be going in the soup pot in a couple weeks.

@Auroradream26 These are two of the 5 birds I got off you around Easter time. The other three are all black, two with beards and 1 without. 4 girls and 1 boy. The boy will be going in the soup pot in a couple weeks.
They look great! I especially love that boy's coloring, even if he is destined for the pot. How lucky can you get though? 4 girls out of 5. Any signs they may start laying soon? I'm anxious to see their egg color.

Seems all the spring chicks are starting to come in to lay. I got 3 pullet eggs yesterday. One was from my daughter's hatchery silkie, Sugar. She was so excited! One looked like it was from one of my young Marans girls, and one was a pretty blue egg. Not sure who laid it but it almost had to be one of the CCL girls hatched from dheltzel's eggs.

Last edited:
They look great! I especially love that boy's coloring, even if he is destined for the pot. How lucky can you get though? 4 girls out of 5. Any signs they may start laying soon? I'm anxious to see their egg color.
Yes he is very pretty and actually has a pretty nice crow to him. I just have to many other boys. I was very happy with 4 out of 5. I'm anxious to see what color they lay as well. Although I'm not expecting anything out of them for another 4 weeks or so, they are only 16 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom