Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I will write that one down, thanks!
But I just made one almost the same last weekend, only with a graham cracker crust, called pudding breeze. I like the walnut crust mix idea, DH is a big walnut fan, so will put it to use for sure!

No problem :) You'll have to let me know what he thinks when you make it. I'm always the one that's expected to bring it to the family reunions. If I don't, I hear about it lol

So, yesterday afternoon, I got to meet up with @dheltzel and as always with him, bring home some chicks! My coop now has 5 silkied lavender ameraucanas, 5 more Reese legbar pullets, and a quad of welbars, all around 6-8 weeks old. They're all a bit confused but by yesterday evening, they seemed to be relaxing in their new environment. He also brought my a trio of newly hatched welbars for Daffodil to raise. She only been broody about 2 weeks but besides being slightly confused by their sudden arrival, she seems to be accepting them. I'm watching them very close though being that she's a production girl, I'm not sure what kind of brooding instincts she actualy has. Only time will tell. And last but not least, he brought me one of his extra lavender ameraucana cockerels from the John Blehm line. He is quite the handsome boy! He's all set up in his quarentine pen and though he's really rather nervous still, I'm sure he'll relax. I'll get pictures when I can! And Thank you again @dheltzel!

Last year, when I started thinking about getting chickens, I came to BYC to read and learn. One of the very first things I read was you two have the exactly same conversation about transferring chicks to you. It's hard to believe it's already a year. This has been a long year for me though: got my chickens and losing them. Leaving the area I have been live for 15 years. Hopefully, we will be able to restart our flock next year.
Have you separated your breeding pens yet? Looks like you will need a lot of pens for so many breeds.

To windy to be out on the Lake today, so staying at camp and cooking.

Just put a couple racks of ribs in the smoker and have some chicken to go in later... now have to figure out some deserts to make.
Yesterday was pinapple cupcakes with 7 minute frosting (like a cross between fluffy white and marshmallow fluff)
Debating between cheese cakey type, egg custard or jello/cool whip kind of thing...will probably give some options to DH and let him decide.

too windy and rainy for me too...2' of rain so far (according to my cup sitting on my bench on my deck....)...think I need to visit your camp, you eat much better than I do.!!!!!!.

I live in Willow Street, Lancaster area. I intended to hatch a bunch again this year. However, due to a move I waited longer. Now, it would be best to just buy a handful of chicks, to avoid the long wait until they will be ready to join the bigger girls.

With that in mind, does anyone have young Brahma, Bantam Cochin, CCL, or Swedish Flower chicks for sale?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I live in Willow Street, Lancaster area. I intended to hatch a bunch again this year. However, due to a move I waited longer. Now, it would be best to just buy a handful of chicks, to avoid the long wait until they will be ready to join the bigger girls.

With that in mind, does anyone have young Brahma, LF Cochin, CCL, or Swedish Flower chicks for sale?

Thank you!

You can contact dheltzel at Pottstown for CCL chicks. I'm sure someone will help with other breeds. People here are really good enablers.
1f604.png

You can contact dheltzel at Pottstown for CCL chicks. I'm sure someone will help with other breeds. People here are really good enablers.
1f604.png
Yup, I have lots of CCL's of all ages, from newly hatched to almost point of lay.
I don't have any of the other breeds, but I think someone has Swedish flower Hens.

Last year, when I started thinking about getting chickens, I came to BYC to read and learn. One of the very first things I read was you two have the exactly same conversation about transferring chicks to you. It's hard to believe it's already a year. This has been a long year for me though: got my chickens and losing them. Leaving the area I have been live for 15 years. Hopefully, we will be able to restart our flock next year.
Have you separated your breeding pens yet? Looks like you will need a lot of pens for so many breeds.

So much can happen in a year. I'm sorry you have to move :( My breeding pens aren't completed, we ran into some issues and couldn't afford to finish them but I do have the means to seperate them now so I should be good to go :)

Back
Top Bottom