Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

wee.gif

I'm sorry you fell. Are you okay? May I laugh now because I wasn't the one to slip?
I am fine, and laughing myself...though I am likely to have more pain and stiffness as the day goes on. Advil will be my constant companion, as will the heating pad when I get home from work!

I swear I saw the SPR chicks on the floor Monday night. IDK. What I do know is that when I went to get the last of the eggs at dusk last night, the moms were settling the children in ... On the roost! :celebrate I watched the last two figure out how to get up, while four were snuggled between the moms, and two had just gotten up. Later, I was able to get a picture. I am so happy!! :weee :ya @LittleMissPurdy
Awesome! Love to see a good broody take care of her babes!
Just a pic to share. I have 2 Delaware's and a black sex link that are laying. The little bitty egg we believe is from the BSL. They have been laying about 2 weeks now. The rest (19 others) still are taking their time starting to lay. My girls are patiently waiting for an EE to lay so they have a blue/green egg. ***is there a better way to load pictures? I wanted to share some of the flock, but it takes for ever to load them and then they don't load. I got the egg picture to load and that's it.
Eggs look good! Except that green one looks like it could be a bit juicy... :lol:
After some epic rain last night, my run was an epic disaster this morning. Slipped right on the poop, feet flew in the air and I landed right on my, well, you see... My rooster narrowly escaped my no-so-graceful fall. The clothes got a shower after I did...
Oh, that looks like it hurt. Glad you got some rain though,... I'm loving having my animals back, but I came down with a cold from my husband. I feel like crap and I have so much work to do. For now, the house will just be a mess until I can organize things and put the rest of our stuff away. I hate being messy, but there's really not a rush.

Awesome! Love to see a good broody take care of her babes!
Eggs look good! Except that green one looks like it could be a bit juicy...
lol.png

Oh, that looks like it hurt. Glad you got some rain though,...

I'm loving having my animals back, but I came down with a cold from my husband. I feel like crap and I have so much work to do. For now, the house will just be a mess until I can organize things and put the rest of our stuff away. I hate being messy, but there's really not a rush.

Awe! I am sorry your husband makes you sick!

It has been exactly one week since Mira had her accident. I tried taking a couple pictures today to show her progress and compare with the originals. She has a line going down the back of her head/neck now that is new skin. She's been itching her scabs the past day or so, working them off.

The healing progress looks normal. It's always a good feeling to see new skin growing in.

Just a pic to share. I have 2 Delaware's and a black sex link that are laying. The little bitty egg we believe is from the BSL. They have been laying about 2 weeks now. The rest (19 others) still are taking their time starting to lay. My girls are patiently waiting for an EE to lay so they have a blue/green egg.

***is there a better way to load pictures? I wanted to share some of the flock, but it takes for ever to load them and then they don't load. I got the egg picture to load and that's it.
Nice green egg. Your pictures might be too big, might need to downsize them.

After some epic rain last night, my run was an epic disaster this morning. Slipped right on the poop, feet flew in the air and I landed right on my, well, you see... My rooster narrowly escaped my no-so-graceful fall. The clothes got a shower after I did...
I know how it feels. To me it feels utterly disgraceful to plop so unceremoniously into the mud.
roll.png

I swear I saw the SPR chicks on the floor Monday night. IDK. What I do know is that when I went to get the last of the eggs at dusk last night, the moms were settling the children in ... On the roost! :celebrate I watched the last two figure out how to get up, while four were snuggled between the moms, and two had just gotten up. Later, I was able to get a picture. I am so happy!! :weee :ya Awesome! Love seeing the little ones trying to act 'big' :love @LittleMissPurdy
Just a pic to share. I have 2 Delaware's and a black sex link that are laying. The little bitty egg we believe is from the BSL. They have been laying about 2 weeks now. The rest (19 others) still are taking their time starting to lay. My girls are patiently waiting for an EE to lay so they have a blue/green egg. ***is there a better way to load pictures? I wanted to share some of the flock, but it takes for ever to load them and then they don't load. I got the egg picture to load and that's it.
You'll have eggs galore soon!
Hope all is ok...though I have to admit to a chuckle, been there, done that, lol....
:weee I'm sorry you fell. Are you okay? May I laugh now because I wasn't the one to slip?
I think falling in chicken sh** is a right of passage for chicken people... so she is now officially part of the club! Who needs a silly handshake? :gig
I am fine, and laughing myself...though I am likely to have more pain and stiffness as the day goes on. Advil will be my constant companion, as will the heating pad when I get home from work!
Good to hear...a glass of wine may help ease the aches!lol
I made a second recipe for the Jalapeno eggs. Thinking of using a third. I then went out to release the flock. I am pretty sure that the dove hatched!!
:fl
Awe! I am sorry your husband makes you sick!
:yuckyuck :duc :oops:

We have spent the last 10 days searching for a replacement motor for our boat....the old motor had a catastrophic failure in the air pump which ended up blowing up basically and sending metal shards throughout the whole powerhead... so motor essentially became a 450 lb paperweight!

After many hours and hours of searching we found a motor....in Delaware! So, long story short, after about a thousand miles of road time (1 trip to east coast and 2 to boat mechanic in NW Pa) I spent today picking up our repowered boat from the mechanics...spent half an hour driving through a monsoon and now am at camp and finally have some time to catch up on the happenings in the chicken world. DH is planning to come up to camp late tonight and will start to work from here in the morning.
Hope the weather is ok when it gets further east to you all, that storm front is really nasty...

Back
Top Bottom