Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    well, i am in need of eggs for the new year's hatch along, might have to drive around and collect eggs for that. i didn't tell hubby yet but I plan on setting about 90 eggs, now most are shipped eggs so won't be a great hatch.

2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    i often wonder what the fire company or anything like that would think if they ever went into my basement,,,,the last cable guy that was here had to go down there to run new wire and stopped dead in his tracks at the bottom of the steps, and said now that's one I never seen before.

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I cant help u with hatchin geggs : ( plus they would be mutts from my SLRoo
    until the Blue / Black cochin lay, and then they are only pullet eggs : (
    spring spring!!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Wing, if you'd like I can bring a dozen with me Saturday when I come....not sure what kind of mixes you'll get as I have:

Roos: 2 Brown Leghorn, 2 Americaunna, 2 EE, 2 Delaware (well, 1 after last night, idiot wouldn't go in...and got himself eaten) 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 BLRW (splash),

Hens: 1 Brown Leghorn, 1 Delaware, 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 BLRW (one black, one blue) 1 black marns, 1 blue marans, 2 PBR, 2 Wellsummers, 2 Reds

None of them are seperated...so lord knows who has done what to whom.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    My gators are shut off and packed away until spring!! Then I am going to be hatching a BUNCH!

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  8. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    I am so excited! Got a phone call frommy bird's breeder. My foundation trio will be here on next Wednesday. They are Light Sussex, non-Aussie lines. I have named them Junior and his Junettes. Now I need to find out what month the 2 pullets were hatched and those months will be their everyday names, smile.
    Best,
    Karen

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Junettes!!! love it!

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Lets see I have some Ameraucana pullets, LF black, and blue. I also have some roosters, who doesn't??? I have somebody coming on Tuesday to buy some LF Cochins, so I don't know how many I will have left. I have blue, splash, white, and a black. Black rooster, the rest are hens.

I might have a pair of Royal Palm Turkeys available. Tommy and Lady. He is not being sold for Thanksgiving dinner. They are very friendly with the other animals, and children. I have them in with my chickens right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by