Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I forgot to say how pretty she is! And I think I have two Brownies beardo I posted and this little brat

This is French Fry the only EE that survived my chick massacre. My new little one are doing great and everyone has a different wing pattern coming in. I know it doesn't mean anything but I definitely learned the difference of large hatchery versus small one.
Been so busy lately! Being a crazy bird lady is hard work lol. My boss wants to know if I can bring a goat to work.. My boys are doing pretty good. Both have super bad dandruff so I thinm I need to get more minerals in them. Ford isn't as playful as Stetson and still pretty small. Stetson likes eating our sweat shirts.

My horrible blue coat job is almost off Hedwig and she is doing amazing!

Its a bad pic but our 9 week olds are all settled in with the flock!!

Andmy tractor supply group has like 12 boys at least if not more.... have to start getting ride of some. The boy? I didnt know the breed of started getting the black and white spots on end of feathers!!

I'm glad everyone is doing good! I hope you are feeling better now. Sorry about the ducks
hugs.gif

I forgot to say how pretty she is! And I think I have two Brownies beardo I posted and this little brat

This is French Fry the only EE that survived my chick massacre. My new little one are doing great and everyone has a different wing pattern coming in. I know it doesn't mean anything but I definitely learned the difference of large hatchery versus small one.
Been so busy lately! Being a crazy bird lady is hard work lol. My boss wants to know if I can bring a goat to work.. My boys are doing pretty good. Both have super bad dandruff so I thinm I need to get more minerals in them. Ford isn't as playful as Stetson and still pretty small. Stetson likes eating our sweat shirts.

My horrible blue coat job is almost off Hedwig and she is doing amazing!

Its a bad pic but our 9 week olds are all settled in with the flock!!

Andmy tractor supply group has like 12 boys at least if not more.... have to start getting ride of some. The boy? I didnt know the breed of started getting the black and white spots on end of feathers!!

I'm glad everyone is doing good! I hope you are feeling better. Sorry about the ducks
hugs.gif

100 should be fine. That's typically what I run at but do you have a couple thermometers? Never rely on just one. Did you still need a turner to borrow? (That was you right?) I have one right now that I'm not using. It's a yellow one made for the styrofoam bators.
She seems to have a very small comb but I'll watch and see and keep posting pictures. We'll see what happens :)
Hahaha!
Sounds like a nice group! I could've how'd you up with palms. That's pretty much all I was hatching for a while lol. Lately I've been getting very few though, only 1 last hatch.

Well if you end up with any in the beginning of june let me know!

After a week of Tylan200 doses, constant reading and questioning on the Emergency thread, my sick chick did not get any better. I came home from work today, with the intention of dosing it duramycin. Cleaned it's butt since it was stuck up with poop, attempted to give it a little bit of water by dipping it's beak, and it started violently convulsing and died in my lap. First time for me, so this is pretty difficult. At least now it's suffering has ended, but I wish I could have made it healthy.

I might send it for a necropsy, but not sure if it would be invalid because I've been giving it Tylan. It's in a bag right now. Not sure if I should put it in the fridge? Fiancée is freaked out by that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

After a week of Tylan200 doses, constant reading and questioning on the Emergency thread, my sick chick did not get any better. I came home from work today, with the intention of dosing it duramycin. Cleaned it's butt since it was stuck up with poop, attempted to give it a little bit of water by dipping it's beak, and it started violently convulsing and died in my lap. First time for me, so this is pretty difficult. At least now it's suffering has ended, but I wish I could have made it healthy.

I might send it for a necropsy, but not sure if it would be invalid because I've been giving it Tylan. It's in a bag right now. Not sure if I should put it in the fridge? Fiancée is freaked out by that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

They told me to put them in fridge till I shipped and to add ice packs when I did. You can also go right to state college diagnostic web page. They have all the info there I believe it was 30 to get the test done.

Sorry you lost her. First ones do suck. I can attest to that!

Last edited:
Good afternoon all:

Kicked the last of my youngin's outside today....a good feeling....approximately x8 eggs still in the bater.....its too nice today

Back
Top Bottom