Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thank you both so much for your help. I didn't think I got any Legbars from you, but anything is possible. It was a few weeks ago, and many of the eggs were hiding under the broodies out of sight. I did get some Black As from you, and I think you or Aurora had some SVAs in there also. So it looks like I have at least 8 males. Not too bad.

Ok, I'm having a brain hiccup...what's SVA again? Lol

I think one of my old Silkie girls may be on her way out. She was kind of standing off to the side this morning, not with the rest of the flock. When I went to check her out, she did not fight, and when I lifted her up, she leaked some clearish yellow goo out of her mouth. It's almost like she threw up, but it kind of oozed out and wasn't struggling. I wanted to separate her, but I was already very late for work. I tried to examine her to see if she had an external injuries. I did not see any, but she did feel a little thin, but she has always been tiny. I suspect she may pass today, given how old she is. If she is still alive when I get home, I will try to separate her and go from there.

Maybe she having an off morning. Hopefully she feels better when you get home.

I think one of my old Silkie girls may be on her way out. She was kind of standing off to the side this morning, not with the rest of the flock. When I went to check her out, she did not fight, and when I lifted her up, she leaked some clearish yellow goo out of her mouth. It's almost like she threw up, but it kind of oozed out and wasn't struggling. I wanted to separate her, but I was already very late for work. I tried to examine her to see if she had an external injuries. I did not see any, but she did feel a little thin, but she has always been tiny. I suspect she may pass today, given how old she is. If she is still alive when I get home, I will try to separate her and go from there.
:hugs

I had 100% hatch from my last chicken hatch. Nice way to finish up the season :) I had 4 CCL boys hatch but one still has a yolk sack to absorb so he's hanging out in the incubator a bit longer. I took the other 3 boys out to my broody girls. Angel (silkie) has hers tucked under her. She pecked him once when he came out so I'm watching her to see if she was just correcting him or if she isn't ready for him. The Welbar has hers tucked under her too and pecked and growled at me for checking on him. So watching and waiting on her. Honey (wheaten Marans) paid no attention to hers. When I went out to check, her baby was GONE. Not under her, around her, nowhere. So, I checked Ana...she now has an extra baby lol. Honey is going in the broody breaker lol

I would like them to be as close in age to my other babies as possible. They are I believe between 3 and 4 months old. I prefer hens only, as we already have 3 roos and don't want to keep any of them. How much do you want for them? I think the best time for me to come is June 3rd (two days before hubby's birthday). :wee

Okay! I'll keep the older set for you. They are girls but I do have a BR roo to I might try to sneak in with them.... lol

Hi ,

I am looking for place to buy pasteurized barred rock chicken near Philadelphia area. I can travel to Lancaster if need be.

Thanks in advance for referral.

John

Back
Top Bottom