Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Someone was trying to crow this morning Poor thing sounded terrible. He's only 8 weeks tomorrow. My neighbors have been pretty good about my rooster but idk about three crowing!! I want my young one to get a little bigger before Dad goes in the pot. Batman is good flock protector and has been great with the chicks but I'm tired of him charging me through the fence.

Well my birds all survived the first day without us home! Although I worried the whole time and had a dream my little old English rooster was outside the camper this morning. Hubby had the same dream. Apparently there was a seagull outside making noise and we're both used to him following us around talking. Starting to feel a little better about being gone. Got to see Korn last night and Ozzy tonight!!

Really addicted to this new IP camera we bought. @dheltzel actually gave me the idea a few posts back when he posted a cam with temperature sensor.

First one I tried was $40 and had to go straight back, the reception hardly reached the coop and was terrible. 2nd one by Reolink is awesome, it has 2 antennae giving it a really strong signal. I track all eggs laid by each chicken to see who are the big producers and count days off for broken broodies, this camera is giving me even more opportunity to geek out on the chicken activities/stats.

For example: Over the past 2 days the blue and buff orpington and araucana have all laid at exactly the same time. I thought an egg takes 25hours to form, I less for some layers. The Blue Orpington and NHR sit and lays in 10minutes, whereas the Buff Orpington takes 90minutes! Our Legbar stood and watched our Welbar for 45 minutes while she laid (like Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston!), then with the coop to herself spent the next 45 minutes laying (they grew up together).

Its on the TV at home, it's on the iPad, I've been watching on the train, checking at work, on the dash in the car. Great fun!

IMG_5104.JPG
IMG_5098.JPG
IMG_5103.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom