Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. AnneInTheBurbs

AnneInTheBurbs Overrun With Chickens

Sep 8, 2013
    Bucks County, Pa
    Thanks guys. It stinks, but again, I'm so glad to know my Roos are doing their job. Hope you all had a better weekend!

2. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    Looks like Angel's baby is gone :( I have no clue what happened or where she went but I walked around for about an hour earlier calling for her with Angel following right behind me calling too. Not a peep or any sign of her anywhere :( I really wanted to see how she grew out too and Angel was being such a good mom :(

3. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    :hugs:hugs:hugs

4. AnneInTheBurbs

Sep 8, 2013
    Bucks County, Pa
    So sorry @Auroradream26 . Is Angel a Turkey or chicken? I remember when I gave away my turkeys baby, she cried for such a long time. So sad! :hugs

MotorcycleChick likes this.
  5. AnneInTheBurbs

Sep 8, 2013
    Bucks County, Pa
    Is this a Lavender Ameracauna? It is from eggs from @dheltzel . I think she may have started laying, if her eggs would be a pale blue. The egg is on the left; it is almost white. I thought it was from my Cali greys, but they are molting right now, and this is bigger also.
    Check out that little fart egg too! The turkeys certainly are curious...
    WP_20171023_17_08_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20171023_16_52_54_Pro.jpg

6. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

:hugsThat sucks, sorry to hear...little ones get themselves into trouble so quickly... :(

7. fangedknight

fangedknight Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey guys! I'm alive! (Sorta) Have a kidney stone that won't pass no matter what I do, but more importantly my girls are finally laying! I lost a few more chickens (including Mississippi :( ) but other than that most of them are doing okay.

I do have a kinda small problem though. I have one of my girls inside, she doesn't feel like she's egg bound, but she is walking rather wobbly. She's been eating like a champ and trying to drink what she can (she has to lay down to eat) but today she's got what I think is a nose bleed?? Nobody looked like they were picking on her, but I honestly can't tell if she's going through a rough molt or just having a rough patch or if she's just dehydrated. (her skin seems so). So she's inside with some food and water and rest until she's feeling better, I'm keeping an eye on her so I can make sure she doesn't get egg bound. God this is weird.

8. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    Angel is a chicken, a bantam splash silkie. I was going that she might find her little one this evening but it didn't happen. She was up on the roost with everyone when I ticked them in for the night. That baby was such a sweet little thing :(

Looks like it could be ameraucana. Mine lay pretty, pale blue eggs.

I have about 5 fertile turkey eggs just sitting here in my basket that are taunting me. I can't set them, hubby would freak out. Anyone want them? I'm not sure which crazy hen is laying right now but someone started up again. If not, they will be going in to the chocolate chip gobs I'm making later this week.

AnneInTheBurbs likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by