Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Got my chicks settled into their new "pool house". Of course the snoopervisors had to check it out first...
WP_20180222_09_19_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20180222_08_22_43_Pro.jpg

Hi there!
North western NJ popping in, hope that's okay since we're neighbors and all...

I’ve posted this in some other threads, thought I’d give it a shot here too...

This last season we took in a drake that needed a home, and shortly thereafter lost a few ducks to a fox. Now our ratio is skewed and we need to rehome some drakes. We have a Cayuga, a Rouen, and a Black Swedish. All are fertile and ready to meet the duck of their dreams ❤️ Free to a good home, we love these guys and know they are not happy in a situation with too many other males. Happy to send pictures if wanted.
I have too many drakes too. What I found was that they do great together in a bachelor pen with no females. They were not aggressive with each other at all. But the presence of even 1 female changes the social dynamic and makes life miserable for the low drake. Since drakes are the quieter and prettier sex in ducks, you are only losing out on egg production, as pets, a pen of drakes is superior to flock of ducks with just a few drakes.

I think I’m going to see about fixing the duck house, and getting them back in their pen soon. Then I can worry about the gross mess the coop has become. All this rain and melting snow has resulted in a bigger mess than I anticipated. I never should have let them in the storage area. :sick

I picked up a cheap little kiddie pool that someone was selling for $5 last night. The geese approve, the ducks haven't even gotten a chance yet lol.

Geese: Need more pool!

Love the video!

I think I’m going to see about fixing the duck house, and getting them back in their pen soon. Then I can worry about the gross mess the coop has become. All this rain and melting snow has resulted in a bigger mess than I anticipated. I never should have let them in the storage area. :sick

I’m so tired of the wet and mud! If the weatherman says drought this year, I’ll scream!

The three Pekin escaped today. The Muscovy and chicken stayed in.
They were all into going back into the run, then decided they wanted back into the duck pen. I went to shut them in there, and they ran out. :lol: Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom