Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. dheltzel

dheltzel Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2013
    Pottstown, PA
    True, I think.

I was going to say that I would restart the incubator anytime, just to hatch for @TillyPeeps
    AnneInTheBurbs and TillyPeeps like this.
  2. FluffyButt789

FluffyButt789 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2017
    Northwest PA
    I've decided not to get the 4 older hens from our neighbor and just stick with our 13 + the 6 babies. One rooster will be culled if he continues to be mean. Then we can sell some chickens if we need to in the fall.

I can NOT wait until the property is ours and to be able to have a coop, no a BARN, and all the chickens my heart desires :clap

I did NOT know what I was getting into 2 years ago, when we got our first chicks... :th
    AnneInTheBurbs likes this.
  3. TillyPeeps

TillyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2015
    Central PA
    :gigI know someone will say that he never stop hatching. Well, he did stop for a month last year though. I'm afraid to raise chicks during winter. Last time, I got them at end of February and moved them out of my basement on May, many still caught cold after moving and sneezed a week.
  4. TillyPeeps

TillyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2015
    Central PA
    Thanks very much, Dennis. You're always extremely nice and helpful. I wouldn't get chicks when it's too cold outside anyway. If I need to wait for next year, I will try to have more work done for my coop and run before chicks coming. I'll post some pictures after I start working on coop. It wouldn't be very easy, since hubby can only give me limited help. I might just buy a existing shed and modify it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by