Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, I didn't think my Bourbon Red turkeys were laying yet. When I went to check on the chickens in the snow, I heard a turkey crying out from the edge of the woods. Upon closer inspection, she was underneath the fallen pine tree, and possibly stuck, now that it was snow covered. After I helped her out, I discovered this. It looks like there might be a chicken egg in here too, lol.

WP_20180321_11_29_27_Pro.jpg

Well, I didn't think my Bourbon Red turkeys were laying yet. When I went to check on the chickens in the snow, I heard a turkey crying out from the edge of the woods. Upon closer inspection, she was underneath the fallen pine tree, and possibly stuck, now that it was snow covered. After I helped her out, I discovered this. It looks like there might be a chicken egg in here too, lol.

View attachment 1305019

That is so neat! Amazing how they like the stash their eggs in strange places....A nice warm, dry coop with cushy nest boxes available and she is still off hiding in the pines...

View attachment 1305019

That's a pretty picture! You should enter it in the natural egg photo contest that's going on right now with the hatch a long.

Two Ameraucana questions.
1) About what age are they accurately sex-able?
2) If I get straight run from Dennis and raise them up and they all turn out to be boys, is there anyone here that would take them off my hands (obviously for free)? I think with an Amerucana 'roo crossed with a dark brown layer you get olive eggers?

I do believe I can help with number 2 lol :frow

Back
Top Bottom