Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I picked up a GLW chick and two light Brahma chicks yesterday. You can see the GLW next to the CGs. Mom couldn’t have cared less that I added more. One Brahma was riding on top of her 10 mins after intro. I think I’ll sell the brahmas when they are bigger. I think they are too big a bird for what I have.

5C4DC6F6-D7F1-4B8D-81A4-13815F36BCD9.jpeg
2DAA54DB-4CFF-480A-88D7-3A0569DDA4E4.jpeg

I picked up a GLW chick and two light Brahma chicks yesterday. You can see the GLW next to the CGs. Mom couldn’t have cared less that I added more. One Brahma was riding on top of her 10 mins after intro. I think I’ll sell the brahmas when they are bigger. I think they are too big a bird for what I have.

View attachment 1427647 This is Great news! So glad you were able to get chicks and that she accepted them! View attachment 1427648

Hi,
I have a year old rooster that I’m trying to find a home for. He’s s good rooster for a flock it’s just that we have young children and I’m worried that one of them will get hurt. We were shooting for all hens. If anyone can help and would like to give him a home please let me know. Thank you.

We are in the Lehigh Valley area, Hellertown. I think he is an Australorp.

Attachments

• 459EFEE6-66B2-4DA3-A2F8-3D90451E4C7C.png
    459EFEE6-66B2-4DA3-A2F8-3D90451E4C7C.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Hi,
I have a year old rooster that I’m trying to find a home for. He’s s good rooster for a flock it’s just that we have young children and I’m worried that one of them will get hurt. We were shooting for all hens. If anyone can help and would like to give him a home please let me know. Thank you.
I respect that you’re looking for a new home. I am simply curious about something. Are you under the impression that roosters are dangerous? There are many people out there that think that, but it is simply not true. Too many mean roosters have been allowed to live, giving the good ones a bad reputation. I at one time had eight roosters roaming around a 1-year-old. She fed them, and collected eggs while they were in the coop.

We are in the Lehigh Valley area, Hellertown. I think he is an Australorp.
I respect that you’re looking for a new home. I am simply curious about something. Are you under the impression that roosters are dangerous? There are many people out there that think that, but it is simply not true. Too many mean roosters have been allowed to live, giving the good ones a bad reputation. I at one time had eight roosters roaming around a 1-year-old. She fed them, and collected eggs while they were in the coop.
No, I understand there are wonderful roosters and I’ve read many posts and articles about roosters and I’ve been torn about placing him but he does go after my younger ones if they are close to him. We keep a snow shovel by so we can be protected because if not he will rush my younger ones if they come near him. I know he thinks he’s protecting his girls but I don’t want my kids to be hurt and I overall feel it would be better to find another home for him.

View attachment 1427647 View attachment 1427648

Give the brahmas some time, not all of them are huge. Some are just normal LF sized or slightly bigger.

No, I understand there are wonderful roosters and I’ve read many posts and articles about roosters and I’ve been torn about placing him but he does go after my younger ones if they are close to him. We keep a snow shovel by so we can be protected because if not he will rush my younger ones if they come near him. I know he thinks he’s protecting his girls but I don’t want my kids to be hurt and I overall feel it would be better to find another home for him.
He is a handsome guy and definitely looks like Australorp. I've met some nice Australorp 'roos. Good luck in placing him. I am still looking for a home for my Delaware cockerel--he is a nice guy (so far) too--but if he crows, I will be in big trouble with my neighbors and the borough!

Back
Top Bottom