Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

One of my older girls isn't doing so well right now. I found Cleo on the ground outside the coop yesterday when I was closing up the coops which was extremely odd. She started crying as soon as she saw me and trying to flap her wings but couldn't move. It seems like her one leg just doesn't want to work and her back is all torn up even though she was wearing a saddle. I think maybe she was chased out of the coop and ganged up on by all the boys and i wasn't home to help :( I have her resting in one of the brooders with some heat. Sky is in with her, keeping her company. She and Sky hatched from the same clutch, my first ever incubator hatch. It was late when I got home last night but today, she will get a warm, Epsom salt bath and we'll try to see what the extent of the damage is :/

View attachment 1531931
:hugs

One of my older girls isn't doing so well right now. I found Cleo on the ground outside the coop yesterday when I was closing up the coops which was extremely odd. She started crying as soon as she saw me and trying to flap her wings but couldn't move. It seems like her one leg just doesn't want to work and her back is all torn up even though she was wearing a saddle. I think maybe she was chased out of the coop and ganged up on by all the boys and i wasn't home to help :( I have her resting in one of the brooders with some heat. Sky is in with her, keeping her company. She and Sky hatched from the same clutch, my first ever incubator hatch. It was late when I got home last night but today, she will get a warm, Epsom salt bath and we'll try to see what the extent of the damage is :/

View attachment 1531931
You are doing everything possible.Blu-cote, too.
I agree about the weather, my girls are choosing to spend a lot more time in the coop than normal and Ivy has bumble foot again. I am about ready to bring her inside too--but she doesn't really have a best buddy to accompany her...

IMG_20180912_154246.jpg

Cleo is getting a warm Epsom salt soak right now she seems to be enjoying it. She looks like she's in good spirits the moment but she's not really eating and can't really use her right leg. She is drinking though. I can't see a physical injury anywhere around her leg :/

Poor Cleo. Don’t lose hope. I have a Silkie Roo that a fox got ahold of last month. He had a really wonky leg and was stumbling around but no sign of a wound. He buried himself deep under the foundation of our house, took me 3 days to get him out, I thought he was going to die. I cleaned him up, got him comfortable inside and 3 more days later....he’s as right as rain. Kinda odd. They really are resilient.

View attachment 1532264

Cleo is getting a warm Epsom salt soak right now she seems to be enjoying it. She looks like she's in good spirits the moment but she's not really eating and can't really use her right leg. She is drinking though. I can't see a physical injury anywhere around her leg :/
Did you try scrambled eggs or soaking her layer feed? Sunflower seeds?

Back
Top Bottom