Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I love it when flock integration works out well. The two broody Mamas are doing great. The white turkey seems to be particularly good at chasing away anybody she doesn’t like around her peeps. Of course we don’t want fights in our flocks, but it’s great to see the Mama’s get in a tussle to establish their chicks place in the flock. :thumbsup

E6447A7E-38A6-44FB-8E7C-C02F482C8FD5.jpeg

968F750C-F04B-4CB7-991F-F5D2DF7EA5D3.jpeg

CC184737-EBE1-4BE3-BC95-1B31311CAAFC.jpeg

Attachments

• 25885A0A-7C7E-4EFC-A4DE-1FAF2D63D6D7.jpeg
    25885A0A-7C7E-4EFC-A4DE-1FAF2D63D6D7.jpeg
    986.2 KB · Views: 1
I love it when flock integration works out well. The two broody Mamas are doing great. The white turkey seems to be particularly good at chasing away anybody she doesn’t like around her peeps. Of course we don’t want fights in our flocks, but it’s great to see the Mama’s get in a tussle to establish their chicks place in the flock. :thumbsup

View attachment 1759169

View attachment 1759171

View attachment 1759172

Love watching broodies rule the flock!:love

And really love the chicks just jumping in the blue feed bowl to help themselves:jumpy:clap

View attachment 1759169

View attachment 1759171

View attachment 1759172

That's awesome! My broodies tend to lack protectiveness around here.

So cute! I really need pet turkeys! Can you keep turkeys in the same coop as the chickens, with the same feed, perch, nesting box, etc?

You can as long as there's no blackhead in your area. I routinely keep chickens and turkeys together. The only difference is that turkeys need a higher priority free for the first couple months of their life. Chicks can share it with no problem though. You also need to make sure you have enough turkey hens available if you keep a Tom because he to may try to breed your chickens and kill them from his weight.

That's awesome! My broodies tend to lack protectiveness around here.

You can as long as there's no blackhead in your area. I routinely keep chickens and turkeys together. The only difference is that turkeys need a higher priority free for the first couple months of their life. Chicks can share it with no problem though. You also need to make sure you have enough turkey hens available if you keep a Tom because he to may try to breed your chickens and kill them from his weight.

What space do they need in a coop? Chickens rule of thumb is 2 sq ft per bird, so I'll have 50sq ft extra in my new coop. How much sq ft do turkeys need?

Back
Top Bottom