Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So I need to vent a bit....
Background.... on my piece of the family farm we have an established pet graveyard. There are many special animals there, our own, my mom and step-dad's and my sister's. It is in a small clearing near a creek bottom, well off of, and not visible, from the road or even the barnyard.
Each grave had been marked with a large, flat sandstone and about 10 years ago I had a chance to buy a flat granite marker which I had engraved with all of the animal's names and we set it in the middle of the area. Everything was kept low profile so it didnt seem 'intrusive' in such a peaceful spot.

My step-father passed away late last fall, he had always told us he wanted his ashes scattered on the farm... his kids live out of state so we all agreed to wait till May to have a memorial so weather wouldnt cause travel problems. We all got together last weekend to honor Pat and his wishes... his kids knew about the graveyard because he would mention he had stopped there to visit with 'his dogs'....and we all knew the special way he felt about them.... so his kids asked me if it would be ok to scatter his ashes there and I agreed it was the perfect spot.

Well... now to the 'venting' part.... We all walked to the graveyard area.... and found someone had removed all of the stones and taken the granite marker! WHO IN THE HECK DOES THIS??? What kind of low life destroys someone's pet graveyard?? WHY?? We were sick when we realized....
We still followed through on the original plan, but I was just so upset to know someone that ignorant had even been there, let alone doing the actual vandalism... I can only hope at some point I find out who it was.....
And people wonder why I prefer my animals over (most) people!

Background.... on my piece of the family farm we have an established pet graveyard. There are many special animals there, our own, my mom and step-dad's and my sister's. It is in a small clearing near a creek bottom, well off of, and not visible, from the road or even the barnyard.
Each grave had been marked with a large, flat sandstone and about 10 years ago I had a chance to buy a flat granite marker which I had engraved with all of the animal's names and we set it in the middle of the area. Everything was kept low profile so it didnt seem 'intrusive' in such a peaceful spot.

My step-father passed away late last fall, he had always told us he wanted his ashes scattered on the farm... his kids live out of state so we all agreed to wait till May to have a memorial so weather wouldnt cause travel problems. We all got together last weekend to honor Pat and his wishes... his kids knew about the graveyard because he would mention he had stopped there to visit with 'his dogs'....and we all knew the special way he felt about them.... so his kids asked me if it would be ok to scatter his ashes there and I agreed it was the perfect spot.

Well... now to the 'venting' part.... We all walked to the graveyard area.... and found someone had removed all of the stones and taken the granite marker! WHO IN THE HECK DOES THIS??? What kind of low life destroys someone's pet graveyard?? WHY?? We were sick when we realized....
We still followed through on the original plan, but I was just so upset to know someone that ignorant had even been there, let alone doing the actual vandalism... I can only hope at some point I find out who it was.....

OMG! That's devastating. Who in the world would do that?! :mad: I'm so sorry for your loss and the heartache of losing the stones. :hit

I've been busy! My shed/coop is finally up! I just need to build the perches, nesting boxes, and a few minor things, then the chickens can move in!

View attachment 1785023

Side note - my rooster has 14 hens. WHY is he still mating with them so much they have bare backs?! I have 3 hen saddles I keep rotating between chickens. :barnie

He must be a very active and energetic boy! My goodness! At least you know your eggs are fertile if you ever decide to hatch them lol. Send me a PM if you need some more saddles!

I am so sorry :hugs! Some people have no respect for other people's property or pets. For someone to go on to the property like that and move everything away is rediculous! I would've been livid! Our three dogs are buried together (2 were boxes of ashes and then our Sparkles). They have a large heavy Stone for a headstone and flowers all over. My fury would be through the roof if anyone ever messed with them....

61357416_10161535017435411_6489760932183408640_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom