Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Just reaching out. 5 people really is not good. And it's $10 for the license. Not charging for anything. There has been a ton of time and coordination that has gone into this and than having two sessions to make it easier for folks as well as the early session folks can start testing their own birds and others sooner and have the results and paperwork far sooner than spring. With this you can draw your own bloodwork and have that paper to send along with birds, chicks and eggs that the parents have been tested and you are sending safe kids from your own clean flock.Okay. I had my rant for the day.

2. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Sometime, days ago, Missydpc was wondering what kind of ducks she got from me. I can't keep up with you folks, lol, and couldn't find her post to quote it. Anyway, I was trying to remember... They were probably muscovies, but I did hatch some runner ducks this summer too, and I might have given you those. If the look like bowling pins, then they're runner ducks. If not, they're 'scovies.

3. beaglady

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Mine made that trip today too. DH dropped them off, and I'll pick them up after work. Around 30 cockerels, plus another dozen or so old layers, 2 turkeys and 2 scovies. I'm excited to see my feed bill drop. I still have too many birds, and there might be a round 2 of culling in another month or so.

All of them are destined to become sausage.

4. beaglady

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I can't attend because I've used up all of my vacation for the year.

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I just can't do a week day. Gotta get the kids on and off of the bus...

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    [​IMG]

Be strong!!

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    This session is at the Lancaster farm and Home Center on route 72 across from the Park City mall.

Sally there are 4 BYC members that I know of including myself.

9. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

what is this?..do you have to have chickens right now to do this?..sorry so many?
    [​IMG]

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    CPT. It's a session on backyard poultry keeping by two of the state's top poultry people. As well as the class part of the Certified Poultry Tech course. CPT teaches you about poultry diseases, bio-security and than testing of the animals. Dr. Gregory martin from PSU and Dr. Nan Hanshaw from PA Dept. of Ag will both be there for questions and Dr. Hanshaw will be running the CPT training. So the top chicken man in PA and the queen of the State disease regulation end of things both together for us! Coming together to educate and answer questions for us, the backyard poultry owners and enthusiasts. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by