Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Okay. Gotta head to work. Only available via email and text. Ya'll have a good afternoon .
big_smile.png
thanks Chad, have a good day too!
frow.gif

Beaglady, I was sure you told me they were Scovies...but they don't have that crap on their faces like my adult one. Also...do they only lay a few eggs? I got 10 out of her, then she stopped, then started again, and I only got 5 the second time! And now...none for over 2 months!
PS Where do you get your processing done?

My hen scovies typically don't have the big caruncles (red things) like the males do. Theirs is more like a reddish ring around their eyes. Mine aren't laying now, either. Don't worry, by next summer, you'll be sick of them laying. They go broody easily, and like to sneak away to hatch babies. BTW it takes 35 days for the eggs to hatch.

My processor is in Gratz. Probably a bit far for you, unless you have a whole lot to do at once.

Going to the one in march, even though it is farther away....hubby wants to tag along, and he cannot go till march.
downside to all this,,,,,I would rather be standing in knee high manure with a pitchfork, then do paperwork....strange aren't i

Going to the one in march, even though it is farther away....hubby wants to tag along, and he cannot go till march.
downside to all this,,,,,I would rather be standing in knee high manure with a pitchfork, then do paperwork....strange aren't i

Odd I refer to the scads of paperwork in my job as piles of sh*t. Perhaps I should try a pitchfork on it?

Like I said I made it very obvious when looking at chickens......Had to go to the Greenfire website and show the price of the chickens they have are selling for. And did it with the laptop on my lap with her next to me on the sofa lol
For me !!hubby started all the madness,,, the local school was doing a hatch and asked if we would take what hatched, he brought 9 little chicks home and the madness never stopped.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]Missy, I got mine processed in Ephrata, $1.30/bird. There's a lady a tad closer to me, Honeybrook, who I'm going to try next time.

Sally, me n Ladyhawke are going on Dec 3rd to the class.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom