Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  4. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    i am fixing up my incubator.. i am overhauling it. it is a sportsman 1502 and hold a crap load of eggs. i am trying to convince chad to keep it his house. so let me know who wants to hatch in 2 months. i myself will be hatching my own production rhode island reds. the rooster is big and very good temperment . the hens are the best of my flock. i choose for body egg laying and color. should be some nice birds.
    i may have a trio of very nice black copper marans from whitmore farm lines.for sale. i could also sell 2 sets. i will not sell pullets only. these birds are 3 months old..

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I got out there before the hunters this morning! Actually got to walk the perimeter of our property with the LGD pup with no worries.

Beautiful moon, crisp air, I just KNOW it's going to be a good day.

6. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

This is awesome Bruce! Do you have pics of your Marans breeders? How's their egg color?

7. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Mama, I hear you here. I am also in a pinch because of the bus -and need to keep my phone with and ON, never know when the school will be calling me. I plan to call in some favors to get the kids on the bus.

I hope you can figure something out, I was hoping to see you.

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I so wish I could. But my youngest is only in school until 1:30. My hubby would normally come home, but with all of the trips we have been driving back and forth to Pgh... well he has about used up his boss' good graces!

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Than you gonna need to get your app in and mark it for March 7th BYC. And it's not all paperwork. I'm excited to be able to learn the diseases. A friend of mine is a tech and him and his wife were both techs. They had between 60-80,000 peeps show up and every 9 weeks it was a new batch. They both said that the CPT class was the best thing they EVER did. After that class they could ID illnesses and treat well in advance of an issue. He said after they took the class they ended up going from selling 90-100% of the birds that ended up going for processing to 104-106% So they were able to ID the issues and ended up selling the extras that were expected to die back as healthy birds.

10. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hi [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by